I also added some diced ham and blended about a quarter of the soup to make it creamy." Green split pea with Polish Kielbasa sausage soup. Slow Cooker Split Pea Soup with Bacon and Hash Browns. Dried split peas are cooked with ham hocks, onions, garlic, and leeks.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are nice and they look fantastic. JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta using 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA :
- Get 1 lb. of dry split green peas.
- Get 4 of smoked bacon slices.
- Make ready 2 tbsp. of bacon fat.
- Get 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 1 cup of onions, small diced.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of carrot, small diced.
- Take 2/3 cup of celery, small diced.
- Get 1 tsp. of fresh thyme leaves.
- Take 1 tsp. of fresh oregano, chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp. of basil leaves cut in strips.
- Make ready 1 of chicken cube chicken bouillon.
- Make ready 1 tsp. of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp. of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 8 cups of pork stock, chicken stock or water.
- Prepare of feta cheese bruscheta.
- Get 12 of baguette bread slices.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- Make ready 2 of garlic cloves, minced.
- Prepare 2 of smoked bacon slices cooked and diced.
- Make ready 2/3 cup of feta cheese, small diced.
- Get 2 tsp. of chopped oregano.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of paprika powder.
Remove the meat from the ham hocks and stir it into your soup, or add some smoky bacon or diced chicken. You could also add a handful of chopped baby spinach or another green, or top your bowl. Many people's first memory of pea soup is one made by a grandmother for a huge gathering of family and friends. This version is made with a generous amount of bacon for garnish, along with a few potatoes and other vegetables to help thicken and flavor the soup.
Steps to make JON’S GREEN SPLIT PEAS SOUP WITH FETA CHEESE AND BACON BRUSCHETA :
- The green split peas, I like to leave them soaking in cold water the night before. Next day drain the water. Place the bacon in a cooking sheet pan and cook in the oven until crispy. Remove the bacon, make bacon chips and set aside. Pour the bacon fat in large pot. Add and sauté onion and garlic together..
- Add celery and carrot, cover and let it sweat for a few minutes. Incorporate the water or stock, bring it to a boil, lower the flame and slowly cook for about 45 minutes until peas are soft. Once the peas are soft purée them using an immersion blender..
- Add fresh herbs and cook for 5 minutes more..
- FETA CHEESE BRUSCHETA Place the bread slices in a baking sheet pan and brush them with the olive oil. Place the sheet pan in the oven and lightly brown the top. In a bowl mix the garlic, bacon, feta cheese and oregano..
- Cover bread slices with the feta cheese mix. Mix parmesan cheese with paprika and sprinkle on top. Put the baking pan back in the oven and toast the top until golden brown..
- Serve the soup with the bruschetta and bacon chips..
This unique soup combines the best of split pea and potato soups with some crispy bacon for extra flavor. Bacon and potato are pretty much made for each other, so I decided to throw some of those in there Serve with crusty bread or garnishes like shredded cheddar cheese or sliced green onions. Would you like a side of split pea soup with your bacon? But, seriously, this split pea gets its bold smoky flavor from a whole lot of bacon. When I want Split Pea Soup, this is the recipe I crave!
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food jon’s green split peas soup with feta cheese and bacon bruscheta recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.