Pour in enough water to come halfway up the Transfer chicken and sweet potatoes to a platter. Return Dutch oven to the stove and simmer over medium-high heat until cooking liquid has. Combine chicken, potatoes, bell pepper, and onion in a slow cooker.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, coconut milk chicken with sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook coconut milk chicken with sweet potatoes using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes :
- Prepare 1 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs or breasts.
- Take 1 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Get 2 tsp of ground ginger.
- Make ready 3 tbs of sesame oil.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots, chopped.
- Make ready 2 cloves of garlic, minced or grated.
- Get 1 inch of fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- Make ready 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped plus more for serving.
- Get 1 of medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1 inch chunks (thicker is better).
- Get 2 cups of low sodium chicken broth.
- Take 2 cups of canned coconut milk.
- Take 2 tbs of fish sauce.
- Get 2 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- Get of juice of 2 limes.
- Get To taste of kosher salt.
- Take 2 cups of cooked rice, for serving.
- Get of naan, for serving – we warm the pre-packaged ones in the oven (optional).
This chicken curry with coconut milk and potatoes is a major favorite every time I make it. So, if you prefer to avoid white potatoes… check out the paleo sweet potato version here. Looking for more delicious Asian recipes like this Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk and Potatoes? Coconut Curry Baked Chicken Thighs – Easy, Awesome, and Delicious!
Steps to make Coconut Milk Chicken with Sweet Potatoes :
- Toss the chicken with the turmeric, ginger, and 1 tablespoon oil. Let sit 5 minutes..
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large Dutch oven or pot over medium-high heat..
- Add the chicken and sear on both sides until browned, about 2 minutes..
- Add the shallots, garlic, ginger, cayenne, and cilantro, cook 3 minutes, then toss in the sweet potato..
- Season to taste with salt..
- Reduce the heat to low. Add 1 cup broth, the coconut milk, and fish sauce. Partially cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce is too thick, add additional broth. Stir in the spinach and lime juice..
- Serve the chicken and sauce over rice. Top with fresh cilantro. Enjoy with naan..
Add the chicken, sweet potatoes and lentils and stir to coat in the paste, then pour in the stock and coconut milk. Slow Cooker Chicken Curry is made with coconut milk, chicken breasts, an easy curry powder seasoning blend and sweet potatoes. This Crock-Pot Indian curry is healthy, dairy-free, and gluten-free. It makes a quick and easy weeknight dinner when served with rice. Add tomatoes, cilantro, coconut milk and water.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food coconut milk chicken with sweet potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.