Mom usually makes it on Saturdays and even I am I have tasted this Kadala Curry in few Kerala restaurants when I was a kid. After that mom makes it Labels: Black Chickpea curry for Steamed Rice Cake , Kerala Kadala Curry for Puttu , Puttu. Puttu aka rice steamed cake is Kerala's traditional breakfast that is usually served with Kadala (black chickpeas/kala chana) curry or moong dal curry.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)kerala breakfast. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It is appreciated by millions daily. Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)kerala breakfast using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast :
- Make ready of Puttu Powder / Rice powder.
- Make ready of Grated Coconut.
- Make ready of Water as required.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Take of Chickpea Curry.
- Get of Boiled Chickpea.
- Make ready of Onion.
- Prepare of Tomato.
- Make ready of &1/2Tsp Chilli Powder.
- Make ready of Coriander Powder.
- Take of Turmeric.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Get of Grated coconut.
- Make ready of tspGinger Garlic Paste.
- Take of Oil.
- Prepare of Mustard seed.
- Prepare of Curry.
- Prepare of dry red chilli.
- Prepare of small onion / Shallots.
It is also relished with ripe banana, jackfruit or fish curry. Puttu recipe calls for the use of coarsely ground rice flour and grated coconut. spicy and tasty curry recipe is kadala curry served with puttu or appam dosai recipes. while the recipe or the appearance of the curry looks very similar to north indian black channa curry. but there is a significant difference in the way it is cooked and also in its taste. the main difference is the obvious. For breakfast I prepare puttu to go along with the kadala curry. For lunch, I serve the spicy & aromatic curry with rice or chapatis or pooris.
Instructions to make Puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)Kerala Breakfast :
- In a bowl add the Puttu powder,salt and add water little by little it just have to be wet but not too much and close and keep for while..
- Heat the Puttu vessel add one layer coconut grated and then add puttu powder half and repeat till its full.Close the lid and steam for 10 min and remove..
- Chickpea Curry : Add chickpea,onion,tomato,turmeric,salt,chilli powder,coriander powder and ginger garlic paste and put whistle till it’s cooked..
- Mean while in a pan add some oil add coconut fry for while then add chilli powder,coriander powder salt small onions curry leaves and fry for while turning brown just remove from pan..
- Make a fine paste of coconut and add it to the chickpea and cook till raw smell goes add water for consistency and cook till done..
- In a pan add oil splitter mustard seed,curry leaves,red chilli add it to the curry and close for while..
If you are wondering what is puttu, then these are steamed rice & coconut cakes. A traditional as well as popular breakfast in Kerala. Kerala Style Puttu Recipe are piping hot steamed rice cakes with coconut and usually paired with a gorgeous Kerala style egg roast or Kadala Curry. Puttu is made from rice flour combined with coconut and salt and steamed in a special Puttu Maker. This recipe has a twist to the original recipe.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food puttu kadala (steamed rice cake and chickpea curry)kerala breakfast recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.