I used left over sheep head fish. Cod Fish Cakes Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and egg. Mash the potatoes and fish together.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, fish cakes. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Fish Cakes is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. Fish Cakes is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook fish cakes using 11 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Cakes :
- Get 400 gms of haddock fillet. You can use salmon, cod).
- Get 1 of large potato.
- Get 1 of large or 2 small carrots.
- Get of Fresh herbs – thyme, coriander, spring onion, parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of roasted ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika (optional).
- Make ready of Freshly ground black pepper.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Get of Some liquid milk to poach the fish.
- Prepare of Bread crumbs.
- Take of Oil to fry and little butter.
Add this to the fish and potatoes and mix well. Form the mixture into hamburger size patties. Every country has its own variation but the classic Western ones consists of fish, potatoes, eggs, onions, seasoning, herbs and often breadcrumbs. These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish.
Steps to make Fish Cakes :
- Start by poaching the fish. Prepare the fish by placing the fish fillet in a microwave proof bowl. Add some milk enough to cover the fish..
- Cover and steam in the microwave for about 3-4 minutes..
- Using a slotted spoon, carefully remove the poached fish from the milk. Leave aside..
- Next steam the root vegetables. Peel and cut the carrot and potato, cut in chunks..
- In the same bowl of milk add the cut vegetables, season with some salt. Cover and steam for about 5-8 minutes until softened. Cook longer if needed..
- Using a potato masher or a fork, mash the cooked vegetables. Keep some of the milk to add to the mashed vegetables if needed..
- Place in a mixing bowl. Add all the seasoning ingredients..
- Using a fork flake the steamed fish, fold into the mashed vegetables..
- Season with salt and pepper. Carefully add the fresh herbs to the mixture..
- Divide the mixture into four portions. Gently pat into a ball and shape into four fish cakes..
- Place some breadcrumbs on a plate. Coat the fish cakes generously with the breadcrumbs..
- You can either keep refrigerated and shallow fry when ready to eat..
- Shallow fry in a nonstick pan 2 minutes on each sides until golden. Finish off with a little butter for the finished golden look..
- Serve warm with some salad..
- To note these fish cakes can be frozen. Place on a square of parchment paper when freezing, as it will be easy to keep them separated apart. And easy to remove them individually when needed..
Pair them with homemade tartar sauce to really take this recipe to a new level. I'm a huge fan of all things seafood, and these fish cakes are no exception. Place the potatoes in a large pot of water, bring the water to a boil. Let the potatoes cook until they are almost tender. Fish Cakes With Herbs and Chiles Andrew Scrivani for The New York Times Bright, bold and richly flavored, these are not your typical fish cakes.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food fish cakes recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.