It is chock full of vegetables like carrots, potatoes and peas, a rich homemade vegan white stew and a flaky puff pastry. This vegan pot pie recipe is perfect for an easy hearty dinner. Author: The Edgy Veg A delicious and easy GF, vegan pie with lightly seasoned vegetables.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, pretend chicken pie (vegan). One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Pretend chicken pie (vegan) is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look wonderful. Pretend chicken pie (vegan) is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook pretend chicken pie (vegan) using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Pretend chicken pie (vegan) :
- Make ready 1 block of tofu.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Prepare 2 sticks of celery.
- Make ready 2 of carrots.
- Make ready 4 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready 1 handful of mushrooms.
- Take 1 of pepper.
- Make ready 1 of leek.
- Take 1 handful of green beans.
- Make ready of Some peas.
- Take 1 cup of cream alternative.
- Make ready 1 handful of chopped parsley.
- Get 1 portion of jusrol puff pastry.
Chicken pot pie has always been one of my favorite dishes. Maybe it's the pie crust, I do have a thing for pie crust, whatever it is it's delicious. And this vegan not chicken pot pie will never make you miss the real thing. My husband has never been a big fan of chicken pot pie, but he enjoys this one.
Instructions to make Pretend chicken pie (vegan) :
- Take your tofu block (you prolly want firm but my local shop only sells silken so I use that and it’s fine) and wrap it up in several layers of kitchen roll then pop a heavy book or two on there to press it for 15mins. This gives it a firmer texture and takes some of the moisture out. You can see I dropped my tofu so there are splatty bits this time.
- Carefully chop and fry your tofu. When it’s soft, it’ll fall apart just being picked up so be careful. It also spits in the pan. After you’ve cooked two sides they hold together a bit better. Try to ‘seal’ the sides like you would chicken. In the last minute, sprinkle a small amount of paprika over them..
- Once cooked, pop the tofu on some kitchen roll to get the excess frying oil off, cover with pepper and then set to one side.
- Finely chop the onion, celery, carrot and garlic. Cook em in a large pan until soft. If you have any white wine or cider, you might wanna add and then simmer away a cup now..
- Chop and add the rest of the vegetables, then add a cup of veggie stock and any bits of tofu that were too squished or broken to fry. Simmer off lots of the liquid.
- Add the cream alternative and a cup of frozen (or fresh) peas and the tofu. Make sure it’s all hot and then transfer into a casserole dish. (In retrospect it was too watery this time bc of the extra ice on the peas, be ready to add corn starch if you need to).
- Get your block of puff pastry and roll it so that it’s large enough to cover the top of your dish plus an inch each way. Leave it to settle for ten mins as it will shrink. Then plonk it on top of the mix!.
- Wash the top with some milk or egg alternative to make it shiny! (I forgot) Cook in the oven at 220C (435ishF?) for 12-15 minutes until the pastry is all puffed up and golden..
- Cut up and seeeerrrrve!.
This cozy vegan pot pie is made with tender veggies simmered in savory herbed sauce and baked up under a flaky pastry crust. Tastes just like classic chicken pot pie, but this one is totally meatless and dairy-free! Top with vegan biscuits and brush the tops of the biscuits with melted vegan butter. For a vegetarian main dish, try this pot pie recipe filled with vegan "chicken," vegetables, and savory herbs. You'll find it's just as hearty and filling as any other pot pie, yet much lower in fat since it does not contain any cream.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food pretend chicken pie (vegan) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m confident that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.