Place in pot with fillets and cover with cold water. Boil until the potatoes are"fork done". The unique seasoning with onions, tomatoes and simple spices is the secret behind this healthy fish cake recipe.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, easy fish cakes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Easy Fish Cakes is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Easy Fish Cakes is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook easy fish cakes using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Fish Cakes :
- Make ready 500 g of White Fish Offcuts OR Fillets (Frozen OR Fresh) *cod, whiting, etc.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Milk.
- Take 1 of Bay Leaf.
- Take 1 of Onion *finely chopped.
- Take 2 tablespoons of chopped Parsley *OR Dill, Chives, Spring Onion, etc.
- Prepare 1 of Egg.
- Make ready 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- Prepare of Freshly Ground Pepper.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Self-Raising Flour.
- Prepare of Oil for cooking.
- Take of <Parsley Cream Sauce>.
- Get 20 g of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tablespoon (20g) Flour.
- Make ready of Milk that is used to cook Fish *You would need about 200 ml Milk.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of chopped Parsley.
The other secret ingredient is oatmeal. These quick and easy fish cakes are fun appetizer or main course made with cod, or you favorite white fish. Pair them with homemade tartar sauce to really take this recipe to a new level. Delicious cod fish cakes with fresh cod fillets, potatoes, bread crumbs, parsley, Parmesan, garlic, and egg.
Steps to make Easy Fish Cakes :
- Heat Fish, Milk and Bay Leaf in a frying pan over high heat and bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to simmer for a few minutes or until Fish are cooked. Set aside to cool..
- Transfer the cooled (*warm is fine) Fish to a large bowl and flake coarsely using a fork. *Note: Do not waste the Milk, that can be used to make ‘Parsley Cream Sauce’..
- Add Onion, Herb, Egg, Salt and White Pepper, and mix to combine. Add Self-Raising Flour and combine. Add extra 1-2 tablespoons if required..
- Heat a generous amount of Oil in a frying pan over medium low heat, and cook until golden on both sides and cooked through. *Note: Cook them in the same way as cooking pancakes..
- Serve with your favourite sauce..
- *How to make ‘Parsley Sauce’: Melt Butter in a small saucepan. Add Flour and stir using a wooden spoon until smooth. Gradually add the reserved Milk, stirring constantly, until desired thickness is achieved. Add some finely chopped Parsley leaves and mix well..
Making your own fish cakes is a no-brainer. Fish cakes are also very versatile, and a great way to use leftover fish. Instead of using mayonnaise to keep these fish cakes moist, this recipe uses egg to provide. Drain and flake the fish with a fork. If the mixture is too crumbly, add another egg.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food easy fish cakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.