The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria, as reputedly it was her favorite cake. Anna, the Duchess of Bedford, who has been given credit for introducing the charming art of the afternoon tea, was a lady in waiting to the queen who quickly adopted the custom of serving sponge cakes as part of the tea. The Victoria Sponge was named after Queen Victoria, who regularly ate a slice of sponge cake with her tea, each afternoon!
Hello everybody, it is Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, victoria sponge cake. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Victoria sponge cake is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. Victoria sponge cake is something that I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have victoria sponge cake using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Victoria sponge cake :
- Prepare 175 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Get 175 g of caster sugar.
- Make ready 3 of eggs lightly beaten.
- Make ready 1 tsp of vanila.
- Take 175 g of self raising flour.
- Take 6 tbsp of strawberry jam.
- Make ready 150 ml of double cream.
To mark Royal Garden Parties, Buckingham Palace Pastry Chef's are delighted to share this traditional recipe. If you use social media, remember to share your #royalbakes ! Mary Berry's easy Victoria sponge cake recipe is a baking classic and a tasty tea-time treat. The Victoria sponge is flavorful enough that it can be enjoyed comparatively unadorned.
Instructions to make Victoria sponge cake :
- Preheat the oven to 190. Lightly grease 2 20cm sandwich tins..
- Beat the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy, it’s important to beat the mixture well at this stage.mix the eggs and vanilla in a jug and add to the mixture a little at a time,beating well after each addition..
- Add the flour in the mixture using a large metal spoon. Divide the mixture between the prepared tins and bake for 20-25min until pale golden and springy to the touch..
- When the cakes are cool, place on upside down on a serving plate and spread with the jam. Lightly whip the cream until just holding its shape and spread over the jam. Add the remaining cake layer and dust lightly with using sugar before serving and enjoy like my boys do😋😋😋👌👌👌❤️❤️❤️.
Queen Victoria's cakes, and even those of my childhood, would have been sandwiched only with jam, with a dusting of sugar over the top. The Victoria Sandwich (named after Queen Victoria) was originally shaped in a long loaf, filled, and cut into fingers or "sandwiches." It has become the quintessential round cake that every English homemaker has had in her repertoire from the time of its royal debut, both the original and, in the decades since, countless versions and incarnations. For the final technical challenge Mary Berry asked the bakers to make this simple sponge with homemade jam and buttercream – without a recipe. This Victoria sandwich recipe by Mary Barry is. But Tammy's favorite dessert by far was Victoria sponge cake.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food victoria sponge cake recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.