Cut the ribs from the kale leaves and slice Add the lettuce and kale along with the drained broccoli to the bowl and toss so that the. If the kale seems even the tiny bit wilted I'd put it into a salad spinner with very cold water and let it crisp for a few minutes. Then spin the kale dry, dry more with paper towels if needed, and put kale into large salad bowl.
Hey everyone, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, kale and romaine lettuce salad. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Kale and romaine lettuce salad is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Kale and romaine lettuce salad is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kale and romaine lettuce salad using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kale and romaine lettuce salad :
- Get 4 leaves of kale.
- Take 4 leaves of romaine lettuce.
- Get 3 of Roma tomatoes.
- Take Half of a small-medium sized onion.
- Take 1 can of medium black olives.
- Prepare of Bacon bits.
- Prepare of Hidden valley ranch dressing.
Chop the romaine lettuce (discarding root ends and any damaged outer leaves). This salad could be the next national favorite and was inspired by a salad I had at a seafood restaurant in Healdsburg, CA. Kale—with its chewy texture, earthy, green flavor, and superfood nutrition profile—is a fantastic base in raw salads. Many of us here at The Kitchn have been known to, ahem, obsess a little over these salads at one time or another, making a raw kale salad as much of a daily routine as our.
Instructions to make Kale and romaine lettuce salad :
- Wash the veggies off..
- Be sure to only use the leafy green parts of kale and romaine lettuce, cut out the hard middle pieces..
- Cut up kale in large bowl or pot, be sure not to use any moist, mushy pieces. Lightly wash the kale, it gets soggy easy..
- Cut up the romaine lettuce and add to the bowl with the kale, mix together, I use my hands. Be sure to wash your hands, before you start preparing this..
- Cut up Roma tomatoes, I cut mine in fours down the middle, hold the pieces together, and flip them on their side, and then cut them into pieces, as shown in the picture. Toss them in the salad bowl after your done..
- Cut both ends off the onion. And peel off first layer..
- Dice the onion up (I included a picture of an easy way to dice up onions) and break up the pieces, so they aren't sticking together! (I did not include that picture.).
- Toss the onions in the salad bowl and mix the onions and Roma tomatoes, into the kale and romaine lettuce..
- Drain the black olives. Cut your medium black olives in half and toss them into the salad and mix it together..
- Serve with bacon bits and hidden valley ranch dressing..
I'm excited to share this delicious salad recipe from Chef Jessica Bella, a talent here in Boulder with unique ideas for creating healthy recipes. I use fresh and crispy romaine as the base (you can also add dark leafy greens like baby spinach, arugula, and kale). If you want to learn more about the. Add the lettuce to the dressing and toss to coat. Missing romaine lettuce amid the CDC recall?
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food kale and romaine lettuce salad recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.