Few meals, indeed few things in life, are as comforting and reassuring as a fish pie, piping hot from the oven. Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy.
Hello everybody, it is Louise, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, fragrant curried fish pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Fragrant Curried Fish Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It’s easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look wonderful. Fragrant Curried Fish Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook fragrant curried fish pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Fragrant Curried Fish Pie :
- Prepare of Serves: 2 or 3-4 if eaten with sides and bread.
- Make ready 1 bag of fish pie mix, (400g cod, salmon and smoked haddock),.
- Prepare 425 g of mashed potatoes with 1/2 tbsp salted butter mixed in,.
- Prepare 100 g of small shrimp (cooked frozen, de-veined),.
- Take 150 ml of coconut milk,.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of panko breadcrumbs,.
- Make ready 20 ml of unsweetened almond milk, (or regular milk as substitute),.
- Make ready 1 handful of petit pois peas, (50g),.
- Make ready 2 of spring onions, chopped finely,.
- Get 1 of large clove of garlic crushed,.
- Get 1 of thumb of fresh ginger, chopped very finely,.
- Make ready 1 pinch of red chilli flakes,.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of hot curry powder,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of fenugreek,.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin,.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh coriander leaves, chopped,.
- Make ready of Salt and pepper to season,.
- Take of Olive oil Frylight.
- Prepare of Note:.
- Take of If using frozen fish defrost first in a bowl and drain off water.
In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Pour curry sauce into high-sided baking dish and leave to cool slightly. Season tomatoes and evenly place on top of the curry sauce.
Instructions to make Fragrant Curried Fish Pie :
- Prepare the buttered mash by adding the milk and seasoning with salt and pepper. Add the tumeric powder and then mix really well until really smooth and fluffy. Set aside..
- In a medium saucepan add a little Frylight and add the ginger and garlic. Fry until fragrant for a few seconds. Next add the coconut milk. Bring to a gentle simmer on a lower heat..
- Add the spices, and chilli flakes in. Stir to combine. Add in 9/10ths of the chopped coriander then remove from the heat..
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees (fan). To the sauce add the spring onion and peas, then add the fish pieces and prawns. Gently mix through using a spoon. Add the mixture to an oven proof pie dish..
- Cover evenly with the mashed potato using a spoon or if feeling extra fancy you could pipe it on! Bring the mash neatly right up to the edges, so you prevent leaking. I like to use a rubber spatula, the make a simple pattern using a fork. Like so….
- Sprinkle over the breadcrumbs. Bake the pie in the oven covered in foil or 25 minutes then remove the foil and bake for a further 10-15 minutes until the breadcrumbs are golden brown..
- Garnish with the remaining chopped coriander leaves (stalks removed), and serve up after leaving for around three minutes to cool, so delicious eaten alone or with some crusty bread or naan! :).
Cut the fish into bite-sized chunks and arrange in the dish. Sprinkle the chopped prawns over the fish. Arrange the pieces of hard boiled egg to complete the base. Add the cloves, garlic paste, bay leaves, the smoked haddock and cod and the chilli and bring to a boil and then lower the heat and allow the mixture to simmer for about ten minutes. Put the fish fillets in a pan and add the milk, vegetables, bay leaf and peppercorns.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food fragrant curried fish pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.