Always freeze the pie on the day that you make it. Defrost in the fridge overnight, then cook as per the recipe. Cottage pie is actually older than shepherd's pie.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, clean living cottage pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Clean living cottage pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Clean living cottage pie is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook clean living cottage pie using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Clean living cottage pie :
- Make ready 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 large of chopped onion.
- Get 8 of rashers of bacon with fat cut off.
- Get 2 cup of diced carrot.
- Prepare 500 grams of extra lean minced beef.
- Take 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- Make ready 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 cup of kallo beef stock.
- Prepare 2 head of of cauliflower trimmed, cooked till very soft.
- Take 3 of carrots diced, cooked till very soft.
- Make ready 2 of sweet potatoes diced, cooked till very soft.
It is a dish that originated around the time that Potatoes were affordable ingredients that were often used by the peasants, who lived in cottages. Once you have the basic concept, cottage pie is a great way to clean out your fridge of bits of. See more ideas about cottage pie, cottage pie recipe, cooking recipes. This classic Shepherd's Pie recipe will have everyone asking for seconds.
Instructions to make Clean living cottage pie :
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan.
- Fry the onion for 15 mins until soft.
- Add bacon and carrots to the pan and fry until bacon is cooked and carrots are soft about 10 mins.
- Add minced beef to the pan and saute till brown.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add stock and cook down until 60% has evaporated.
- Place cooked cauliflower, carrot and sweet potato in a food processor and puree with the remaining olive oil until smooth.
- Pour minced beef mixture into oven dish.
- Pour mash over the top.
- Bake at 200c for 30mins.
It's full of flavor and the creamy mashed potatoes make it extra delicious! Cottage pie is a delicious variation of the classic shepherd's pie, and it's fairly simple to make at home! Use beef, rather than lamb, and fill your pie with sautéed onions, carrots, and celery. Top it off with fluffy mashed potatoes, bake it in the oven, and enjoy! Cottage Pie comes from the United Kingdom and can be adapted to suit your needs.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food clean living cottage pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.