Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish. Drain the vegetables in a colander set in the sink, and set aside. How to Make Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Pot Pie.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, thanksgiving leftovers pot pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook thanksgiving leftovers pot pie using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie :
- Get of unsalted butter.
- Make ready of all-purpose flour.
- Make ready of milk.
- Take of leftover turkey gravy.
- Make ready of leftover turkey – roughly chopped.
- Take of frozen peas and carrots mix (or any leftover veggies you may have, cut to 1/4in. dice).
- Make ready of to 4 cup leftover mashed potatoes.
- Make ready of leftover stuffing/dressing.
Here's how leftover turkey pot pie works: Combine leftover turkey (picked into bite-size pieces), roasted or sautéed veg (fennel, carrots, squash, mushrooms, etc.), and any herbs you didn't use up. This turkey pot pie has a comforting creamy center with an extra-flaky top. Use your leftover Thanksgiving turkey and any additional vegetables you have to make this. Homemade Turkey Pot Pie might be the BEST thing to do with Thanksgiving leftovers.
Steps to make Thanksgiving Leftovers Pot Pie :
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a 9in round deep dish pie plate or a deep sided 8x8in square casserole dish. Press cold, leftover stuffing/dressing into the bottom and slightly up the sides to form a bottom "crust". Bake in oven for 5 min. Remove and set aside (leave oven on)..
- Heat a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add butter when hot. When melted whisk in flour. Cook about 2 minutes to make a nice golden roux. Add milk, whisking to combine and keep from clumping. Stir in leftover gravy and veggies. Bring to a simmer for about 2 minutes to heat through. Turn off heat, add leftover turkey and stir gently to combine..
- Reheat mashed potatoes in a microwave safe bowl for 1-2 minutes in microwave, or until just heated through so they will be easier to work with..
- Gently pour filling into stuffing crust. Starting at the edges, dollop mashed potatoes in several little mounds all over the top. I actually have a tablespoon sized ice cream scoop that works perfectly for this, and makes the cutest little mounds of potato. You could even use a star tip on a piping bag. Get fancy with it!.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven. Let rest 5 – 10 minutes and enjoy a simple and easy day after Thanksgiving meal!.
- Optional: remove from oven at 20 minutes, top with 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese and return to oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted and beginning to turn golden brown..
All you need is leftover roast turkey and a flaky pie crust or puff pastry. After Thanksgiving is over, you might have a ton of Thanksgiving leftovers. My two favorite things to make with leftover turkey is this Classic Turkey Pot Pie recipe or an Easy Turkey Soup. Melt the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the flour, sage, and thyme until blended.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food thanksgiving leftovers pot pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.