It doesn't matter what you call it – mac and cheese, macaroni and cheese, cheesy mac. Add onion to skillet and cook until softened. Very gradually whisk in milk and bring to a simmer.
Hello everybody, it’s Drew, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, skillet mac 'n' cheese. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook skillet mac 'n' cheese using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese :
- Take 150 g of dried macaroni,.
- Get of Around 300 ml milk, or a dairy free alternative,.
- Get 80 g of cheese grated, (I used 30% reduced fat cheddar),.
- Prepare 22 g of plain flour, (1.5 heaped tbsp),.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of unsalted butter,.
- Get 1/4 tsp of garlic granules,.
- Get of Dried crispy onions (can buy in most supermarkets),.
- Take 1 of tiny bit of grated nutmeg,.
- Take of Salt and pepper to season.
- Make ready of Equipment Needed:.
- Get 1 of large cast iron skillet.
Skillet Mac and Cheese Recipe – Mac and Cheese is the ultimate comfort food! You cook the noodles in water, add in cream and then all of the cheese and you are done in minutes! Prepare the pasta in the skillet. The great thing about a skillet mac and cheese is that the bottom and edges get crispy too, not just the top!
Instructions to make Skillet Mac 'n' Cheese :
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions in salted boiling water until almost completely cooked but still with a firm bite then drain off. Heat the iron skillet up over a medium low heat. Add in the butter and allow to melt down slowly. Add in the flour and stir into the butter, add in half the milk and combine by stirring continuously. Do this until most of the lumps are gone..
- Season with black pepper and a pinch of salt, then grate in some nutmeg to taste (don't add too much as it's a strong flavour). Keep mixing over the heat for a few minutes until it becomes smoother then add in the garlic granules and after stirring through the sauce add in half the grated cheddar cheese. Stir the cheese gently through..
- Preheat your ovens grill to medium. Add the cooked drained pasta into the skillet, season again with salt and pepper to taste if needed. Add the remaining milk little by little until you achieve a nice consistency to the sauce (you may not need to use all the milk). Stir through well until the pasta is evenly coated in the thick cheese sauce..
- Sprinkle over the other half of the cheese and grill until golden and bubbly. Remove from the grill and sprinkle over the crispy onions. Grill for a further minute or two then it's ready. Enjoy! :).
But you can also bake this in a baking dish if you don't have a skillet. MAKE IT GLUTEN FREE AND JUST AS GOOD: If you live without gluten you don't have to miss out on exceptional pasta! Whisk remaining evaporated milk, cornstarch, and hot sauce in small bowl, then stir into skillet. Serve up the worlds best cast iron macaroni and cheese. A soul-warming dish that will compliment any meal you whip up.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food skillet mac 'n' cheese recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.