Remove from heat and let cool. It has an unbelievable fluffy texture, and below I'm going to share all of my tips & tricks for making it. (Because I tested this a lot!) Pin it for Later This vegan chocolate mousse is every chocolate lover's dream. And the aquafaba gives this delicious vegan dessert the most amazing fluffy texture.
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, aquafaba chocolate mousse. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Aquafaba chocolate mousse is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Aquafaba chocolate mousse is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have aquafaba chocolate mousse using 5 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Aquafaba chocolate mousse :
- Prepare 1 (400 g) of tin chickpeas.
- Take 1 teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 of dessert spoon caster sugar or truvia.
- Prepare 150 g of dark chocolate, broken into chunks (we used Bournville dark chocolate with orange pieces).
- Make ready of grated chocolate to garnish.
This aquafaba chocolate mousse is the best way to make vegan chocolate mousse! Fluffy, rich, and creamy, yet with dairy free, gluten free, and nut free too. Made with aquafaba for an ultra-light and fluffy texture, but still rich and creamy like chocolate mousse should be! Why this recipe works… Foamy, airy and delicious aquafaba chocolate mousse with a hint of coconut.
Steps to make Aquafaba chocolate mousse :
- Drain the chickpea liquid into a large jug. Set the chickpeas aside for another recipe (maybe try my favourite tabbouleh?!).
- Break the chocolate into chunks and melt. We do ours carefully in the microwave in 30 second sessions on medium. Stir it every time – it shouldnt take much longer than 3 lots of 30. You could use a bain marie if you prefer..
- Whilst the chocolate is cooling, add a teaspoon of lemon juice to the chickpea liquid. If you like a sweeter taste or are using very dark chocolate, add a dessertspoon of sugar now..
- Use an electric whisk to whisk the liquid. This will take about 10 minutes, longer if you have a hand whisk. You'll know when it's ready when the mixture is really stiff. (We actually turned ours upside down carefully and it stayed in the jug! Make sure you do this slowly though or you might have a mess on your hands!).
- Now add the slightly cooled chocolate to the jug and gently fold into the aquafaba. It will lose some of its volume but it shouldn't become too runny. Make sure all the chocolate is fully incorporated..
- Pour the mousse mixture into 4 glass bowls, ramekins or cups. Freeze for at least an hour before eating. You can chill these in the fridge but you won't get such a firm mousse..
- When ready to eat, remove from the fridge 5 minutes or so before eating and serve with some grated chocolate on top. You could top with whipped double cream if you like but we preferred to keep them as healthy as possible (and vegan if you use vegan chocolate instead).
What makes this recipes so good You only need a few ingredients and no baking required. As fancy as it sounds, the trivial it is. So Aquafaba is the viscous canned chickpea liquid, you usually throw away when using the chickpeas. And today I am going to show you how to make a heavenly, vegan and gluten-free chocolate mousse out of Aquafaba. The mousse just consists of three ingredients.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food aquafaba chocolate mousse recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.