Hello everybody, it’s Louise, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, beer battered fish & chips. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Beer battered fish & chips is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Beer battered fish & chips is something that I have loved my whole life. They are fine and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook beer battered fish & chips using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Beer battered fish & chips :
- Take 1 bottle of beer.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of cornflour.
- Make ready 1/4 cup of buttermilk.
- Get 1 of fillet of fish (to your liking).
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of dill.
- Get 1 bunch of parsley.
- Take 1 of lemon.
- Get 1 of lime.
- Take 3 of large potatoes.
- Take 1 cup of canola oil.
Instructions to make Beer battered fish & chips :
- Start by removing the bones from the fish of your choice and cutting to size – I used a basa fillet and cut it in half..
- Combine the juice of both the lemon and lime in a bowl along with the dill and parsley, both coarsely chopped. Add garlic and chilli to your liking..
- Now marinade the fish in the lemon/lime mixture for about 20mins-30mins..
- Whilst the fish is marinading, begin to prep the batter by combining the cornflour, beer and buttermilk in a bowl – briskly whisk until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste..
- Set the batter aside and rinse your potatoes, ready to peel. Once peeled, pat dry and place on chopping board..
- Slice the potatoes into thick "matchsticks" and softly boil for 3 minutes. Drain and set aside to cool..
- Place oil in a shallow frying pan and set heat to medium, letting the oil warm up (It should be hot enough to cook a bread cube in about 30 seconds).
- While the oil is warming up begin to coat the marinated fish fillets in the beer batter, covering thoroughly..
- Once the oil is hot enough place your battered fish into the pan, letting each side cook for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown..
- Place the fish to the side to rest while you cook the chips – the oil should still be warm enough for you to place the precut chips in the pan immediately..
- Once chips are nice and crispy, drain away the oil and place on a plate with the rested fish – garnish with a sprig of parsley and a lemon wedge..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food beer battered fish & chips recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.