Stir in water, a tablespoon at a time, until mixture forms a ball. I also put my food processor bowl in the fridge.. It has worked out pretty good for me, but I.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, butter pie crust (2 crusts). It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts) is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook butter pie crust (2 crusts) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts) :
- Prepare 2 sticks of unsalted butter (cubbed).
- Get 2.5 cups of flour.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Take 1/2 cup of cold water.
Tough crusts are the result of not enough fat in the crust, as well as overworking the dough. Use the all butter pie crust recipe or my shortening and butter pie crust recipe to ensure a flaky, tender pie crust. Additionally, don't work the dough too much. Prevent a burnt crust with a pie shield.
Steps to make Butter Pie Crust (2 Crusts) :
- Sift flower.
- Add cubbed cold butter into flour and cut the butter into the flour until it resembles a crumble, then add cold water. If it seems too wet, which mine was, add a little bit more flour, about a small handful..
- Split evenly in two balls of dough and freeze for 30 mins.
- Roll out dough in all directions throughout the dough to prevent shrinking..
- Fold dough into quarters when transferring it to a pie sheet to prevent ripping. (I.e., fold in half once, and then half again until it’s shaped like a cone).
For a double crust pie, fill your pie with filling, add the top pie crust and crimp the edges. Remove it from the oven, and gently remove foil or parchment with the weights or beans. If the edges of the crust start to become too dark, cover them with a pie shield or strips of aluminum foil. On top of that, the flavor of this flaky, homemade Butter Pie Crust far surpasses anything you can buy pre-made! And yes, I am firmly in the all-butter pie crust camp.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food butter pie crust (2 crusts) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.