In a medium bowl, mix butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until combined. Blend in lemon zest, lemon extract, and vanilla. Beat in lemon zest and vanilla.
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, lemon shortbread cookies. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Lemon Shortbread Cookies is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Lemon Shortbread Cookies is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lemon shortbread cookies using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Shortbread Cookies :
- Make ready 125 g of Butter *softened.
- Take 1/4 cup of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare of Zest of 1 Lemon.
- Get 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
- Make ready 1 cup of Plain Flour.
- Take 1/4 cup of Rice Flour *OR Custard Powder.
- Take of Lemon Icing.
- Get 1/4 cup of Icing Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of & 1/2 teaspoons Lemon Juice.
Combine the flour, cornstarch, nutmeg, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Lemon Shortbread Cookies – Classic shortbread with a lemony twist. I hope you guys are baking along with me because I've been having loads of fun. If you enjoy baking as much as I do, let's get it done!
Steps to make Lemon Shortbread Cookies :
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with baking paper..
- Mix softened Butter and Sugar until smooth and well combined. Add Lemon Zest, Lemon Juice, Plain Flour and Rice Flour and mix well. Use your hands to bring the dough together in the bowl..
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface until 8mm thick and cut out shapes, OR slice well-refrigerated stiff dough. *Note: Today I used a round cutter 4.5cm in diameter and made 24 cookies..
- *Note: If the dough is too soft to work with, allow it to cool in the fridge until firm enough..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside on the tray for 10 minutes to cool before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely..
- These cookies taste lovely without Lemon Icing. To make Lemon Icing, mix Icing Sugar and Lemon Juice until smooth. Place it in a piping bag or tough plastic bag, and pipe it out on the cooled cookies..
These Lemon Shortbread are a one bowl cookie, no beating or creaming necessary. In a large bowl using a wooden spoon mix together the softened butter, powdered sugar and zest until well combined. Then add the sifted flour a little at a time until completely combined. Lemon Shortbread Cookies make a delicious slice and bake cookie recipe perfect for sharing! Made with fresh lemons and topped with a bright lemon glaze, this cookie recipe has just the perfect amount of sweet and tart that lemon lovers adore!
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food lemon shortbread cookies recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.