Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, daal pithauri (traditional bihari lunch). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have daal pithauri (traditional bihari lunch) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) :
- Make ready 1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour.
- Get of Water, as required.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Masoor Dal (Whole).
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of Cumin powder (Jeera).
- Take 1 tablespoon of Coriander Powder (Dhania).
- Get 1 tablespoon of Turmeric powder (Haldi).
- Get 1 tablespoon of Red Chilli powder.
- Make ready 1 tablespoon of Ginger Garlic Paste.
- Get of For tempering.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of Onions, chopped.
- Take 4 cloves of Garlic, chopped.
- Take 2 of Green Chillies, finely chopped.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds (Jeera).
- Get of Ghee, as required.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Hing.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Get 10-12 of Curry Leaves.
- Take of Coriander (Dhania) Leaves, for garnish, chopped.
Steps to make Daal Pithauri (Traditional Bihari Lunch) :
- To begin making the Daal Pithauri recipe, knead the wheat flour with water and make a smooth dough. Make small balls (bit smaller than a size of cherry tomato) and roll the balls into thin round shapes with the help of rolling pin..
- Fold from half to form a dumpling or a bowl shape dim-sums. Similarly, roll all the dough and keep them aside..
- In a pressure cooker, add water and lentils. Bring them to a boil. Once it is done, add cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and ginger garlic paste..
- Let them boil for 10-15 minutes. Once they have boiled, add the prepared dough dumplings. Put on the cooker lid. After 2 whistles, remove it from the hob and let it cool down..
- While the ingredients in the cooker is getting cooled, prepare the tempering or the tadka. Heat a tadka pan and all the ingredients mentioned under ‘For tadka’..
- Once done add the tadka to the cooked Lentil soup and garnish it with coriander leaves. Serve Daal Pithauri on its own Kachumber Salad for a delicious weekday dinner..
- Please don't forget to tag @appetizing.adventure on Instagram with a picture if you try this recipe!.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food daal pithauri (traditional bihari lunch) recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.