Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, chinese beef noodle soup. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chinese Beef Noodle Soup is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look wonderful. Chinese Beef Noodle Soup is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook chinese beef noodle soup using 33 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chinese Beef Noodle Soup :
- Take of Beef bones (optional).
- Take of Beef (I used "beef finger meat" but shank and chuck are great).
- Take of whole coriander seeds.
- Make ready of whole fennel seeds.
- Get of whole cloves.
- Get of star anise.
- Prepare of orange peel.
- Take of cinnamon.
- Make ready of Szechuan peppercorns.
- Get of bay leaves.
- Take of oil.
- Prepare of onions, sliced.
- Make ready of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare of red chiles, halved.
- Take of scallions, cut into thirds.
- Get of fresh ginger, sliced.
- Take of Rock Sugar.
- Make ready of Doubanjiang (bean paste).
- Make ready of La Doubanjiang (spicy bean paste).
- Take of light soy sauce.
- Make ready of dark soy sauce.
- Prepare of Shaoxing wine (or rice wine).
- Take of black vinegar.
- Take of tomatoes, quartered.
- Make ready of MSG or salt.
- Get of Chili Oil for serving (see recipe).
- Prepare of Cilantro for serving.
- Get of Scallions for serving.
- Make ready of Black Vinegar for serving.
- Make ready of Sesame oil for serving.
- Get of soy sauce for serving.
- Make ready of fresh ground white pepper for serving.
- Get of wheat noodles for serving.
Instructions to make Chinese Beef Noodle Soup :
- (optional) For extra beefy flavour, make beef stock with the bones by boiling them in water with your largest stock pot. After about 5 minutes there will be a lot of scum on top, so use a strainer to skim off the scum every couple of minutes until the stock produces no more foam. It should look a bit green and oily when finished (see pic). Reduce heat to keep it simmering for 1-3 hrs to extract maximum flavour. Alternatively, you can skip this step just use water.
- While stock is simmering, blanch your beef to remove impurities. In a clean pot, boil just enough water to cover your beef and then add the beef and keep it boiling for 1-2 minutes. Remove the beef, rinse in clean water, cut into eating sized chunks. Discard the scummy water from this step..
- Make spice ball by placing coriander, fennel, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, orange peel, Szechuan peppercorns, and bay leaves into a spice ball or spice bag..
- In a wok or large pan over medium-high heat, pour in vegetable oil. Once heated, add the onions, garlic, chilis, scallions, ginger, rock sugar, and bean pastes. Cook until the onions start to become translucent..
- Add Shaoxing wine, allow some alcohol to cook off, then add soy sauces..
- Add the sliced beef, spice ball, and tomatoes. Stir fry for about 10 minutes..
- Go back to your beef bone stock and remove all the bones, then strain it into a large bowl to remove all the sediment at bottom of pot..
- Combine beef bone stock and beef with braising liquid/spices/vegetables in a large pot. Simmer on low heat for at least 2 hours until flavours combine and meat is tender..
- Check occasionally and skim off any scum on the top. When almost finished simmering, taste the broth and season. I usually add 2-4 tsp of MSG at this point..
- Remove spice bag, or if you didn't use bag, remove the meat and tomatoes and then strain out the remaining solids. Add meat and tomatoes back to broth..
- To serve, put light soy sauce, sesame oil, black vinegar, and ground white pepper in bottom of each bowl. Add broth and noodles, and top with chili oil, thinly sliced scallions, and lots of cilantro..
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food chinese beef noodle soup recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.