Today, we're going to prepare a special dish, mike's, "easy as pie!" mini apple pies. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I'm gonna make it a little bit unique.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, mike's, "easy as pie!" mini apple pies. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have mike's, "easy as pie!" mini apple pies using 20 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies :
- Make ready of Individual Apple Pies.
- Take 1 package of Pie Crusts [top & bottom & have at room temperature before baking].
- Prepare 6 of large Granny Smith Apples [sliced].
- Get 1/4 cup of Raisins [optional].
- Get 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- Take 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Allspice.
- Take 1 tsp of Lemon Juice.
- Take 3/4 cup of Brown Sugar [packed].
- Prepare 1 tsp of Granulated Sugar [topping].
- Take 1/4 tsp of Ground Cinnamon [topping].
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Cornstarch [for thickening].
- Prepare of Kitchen Items.
- Make ready 2 of Oversized Ramekins.
- Make ready 1 of Cutting Board.
- Get 1 of Knife.
- Make ready 1 of medium Pot.
- Take 1 of large Spoon.
- Make ready 1 of Strainer.
- Make ready 1 can of Butter Flavored Pam Spray.
This is gonna smell and look delicious. Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Serve Mini Apple Pear Pies warm, with homemade whipped cream or ice cream. Holiday Hours: Easy As Pie… Mini Apple Pies. If you haven't noticed, I kind-of have a thing for apple baked goods (see fritters here, here and here, apple blossoms here, apple bread pudding here, and apple stuffed french toast here.) When the craving for an apple pie hits, it takes all my willpower to resist driving to the store, picking up a pre-made. by Kerry Whelpdale.
Steps to make Mike's, "Easy As Pie!" Mini Apple Pies :
- Wash apples, thin slice, cut the seeds out and discard them. There's no need to peel apples..
- Place apple slices in a pot and fill with enough water to cover..
- Bring to a boil and cook apples until they are soft. Usually about 10 minutes..
- Once soft, drain in strainer and place apples back in warm pot. Turn heat on low..
- Mix in all ingredients except for pie crust, cinnamon topper and granulated sugar topper..
- Using one of your empty ramekins, turn it over and cut out a circle of pie crust the size of your ramekin openings. Make 2 of those rounds. Lightly spray Pam the insides and bottom of your ramekins. Also make 2 more rounds that are slightly larger than your first ones. These will be your pie toppers..
- To thicken your sliced apple mixture, add 2 tablespoons Cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water in a small bowl. With heat turned on, slowly add in cornstarch and water mixture. Your mixture will thicken up as it heats up..
- Taste test to see if you'd like more sugar or cinnamon. It's all up to you!.
- Place both pie rounds in each ramekin and press down..
- Using a fork, make holes in the crust..
- Fill both ramekins equally with pie filler..
- Place pie toppers on top and pinch down on to your ramekins..
- Spray tops with butter flavored Pam or real melted butter and sprinkle evenly with cinnamon and sugar toppers..
- Place a few slits on top so your pie can breathe, cook and bubble over if need be. Place pies on the lowest rack setting [this will ensure your bottom crust to crisp up] in your oven at approximately 425°..
- Bake as per pie crust manufactures directions. Usually 15 to 17 minutes..
- Serve hot with an ice cream of your choosing!.
- Authors Notes: Another gorgeous way of presenting these pies is to slice off the apple top, hollow out the apples contents with a spoon or melon baller, [being careful not to breach the outer apple shell] and cook the innards just as you would have the apple slices. Also, make certain that the apples you choose can stand upright on their own. Lastly, cut raw pie crusts in strips and lay across the apple top interwoven like a lattice fence..
- Lastly, chances are these pies will boil over a bit in between the ramekin top and the top pie crust. So place a cookie sheet or tinfoil underneath the ramekins to catch any dripping fluids. However, one way to avoid this is by cutting out a long, 1/2" piece of raw pie crust and press it [inside] the top, [upper] rim of your ramekin. As it bakes, it will rise into your top crust whereby giving it a better seal..
Easy as (chicken and leek) pie. The sauce is made with a soft cream cheese with wholegrain mustard. Serve with frozen peas and carrots for a simple family supper. Made simple with an easy crust and a simple flavor focus, these little guys are a favorite! Mom found pleasing our family as easy as pie Apple pie generally rates as America's favorite pie; it certainly was the favorite of writer Bill King's dad.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this special food mike's, "easy as pie!" mini apple pies recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.