It was an all around hit for all peach pie lovers and pretty solid for my. Dad will want to save room for dessert when this peach pie from our Test Kitchen is on the menu. Serve each warm juicy slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Hello everybody, it’s Jim, welcome to our recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, dad's peach pie. One of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Dad's Peach Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions every day. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. They are fine and they look fantastic. Dad's Peach Pie is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook dad's peach pie using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Dad's Peach Pie :
- Make ready 2 (29 oz) of cans of Del Monte sliced peaches in heavy syrup.
- Make ready 1/4 c of brown sugar 2 cups sugar.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Nutmeg.
- Take 2 tbsp of Cinnamon.
- Take 1 c of water.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of unsalted melted butter.
- Make ready 2 tsp of vanilla extract 1 small lemon.
- Make ready 1 of egg.
- Make ready 1/4 c of corn starch.
- Make ready 1 box of Pilsbury pie crust rolls (I thinks is the best).
Dad will want to save room for dessert when this peach pie from our Test Kitchen is on the menu. Serve each warm juicy slice with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Inspired by his dad, Lazarus Lynch's peach cobbler is the dessert you'll want to bake all summer "It warms my heart when I think about how many times my dad made this cobbler" Peach pie is ONLY slightly edged out by Black Raspberry Pie. No other fruit in it, it MUST be all black raspberries and filled full with them and I prefer it chilled.
Steps to make Dad's Peach Pie :
- Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain peaches and set syrup aside for filling later..
- In a mixing bowl add peaches 1/4 a c of sugar 1tbsp of cinnamon 1 tsp of nutmeg 1/2 tsp of salt 1/4 c of brown sugar 2-3 tsp of vanilla extract 1/2 stick of melted butter. Mix well and set aside..
- Pie Filing 1 c of peach syrup 1/2 c of sugar 1/4 c of water 2 tbsp lemon juice fresh 1/2 tsp of salt 1/4 c cornstarch Place ingrediants in saucepan over medium heat and stir constantly until the mixture comes to a full boil and thickens. (5 to 7 mins.) Remove from heat and pour into a bowl and let cool before adding peaches. Once cooled add the peaches..
- Prepare pie crust by placing one pie crust in the pie pan (note – lightly sprinkle flour to bottom of pie pan to prevent pie crust from sticking during baking).
- Add peach filing to pie pan and place second pie crust on top. Pinch pie dough together. Cut four slits in top crust to allow steam to vent while baking. For the professional look brush lightly with a egg wash. This will give the crust that store brought golden brown look when done..
- Place pie in oven and cook for 50-60 mins or until crust is golden brown..
There is NOTHING that can beat that pie with an outstanding crust. I prefer the seeds left in the berries but my dad does NOT. Spoon peach mixture into crust-lined plate. Press firmly against side and bottom. Top with second crust and flute; cut slits in several places.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food dad's peach pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.