The soup could be made in advance of a meal and frozen. Spread the squash out on a rimmed baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Wrap the beets individually in foil.
Hey everyone, it is John, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, beetroot and butternut squash soup. One of my favorites. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Beetroot and butternut squash soup is one of the most favored of recent trending meals in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look fantastic. Beetroot and butternut squash soup is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have beetroot and butternut squash soup using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Beetroot and butternut squash soup :
- Make ready 1 of red onion finely chopped.
- Take 1 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Take 1 tbsp of grated root ginger.
- Prepare 500 g of candied beetroot cubed.
- Take 500 g of butternut squash cubed.
- Prepare 1.3 litres of vegetable stock.
- Take 90 g of / half a bag of cooked chestnuts.
- Get of Coconut or vegetable oil.
- Make ready of Seasoning.
Great recipe for Beetroot and butternut squash soup. #eattherainbow inspired me to make another soup with some beautiful candied beetroots, butternut squash and leftover chestnuts. Super easy and super nutritious- I love soup season !!! Chop the squash and leeks then heat the coconut oil in a large pot. Add the leeks and cook until soft.
Steps to make Beetroot and butternut squash soup :
- Heat a tbsp oil in a large pot over a medium heat. Fry the onion until soft but don’t burn it, otherwise it will be bitter..
- Add the chopped veg, garlic and ginger and fry for a few minutes..
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 30 minutes. Then add the chestnuts and simmer for another 15 minutes, until the vegetables are soft..
- Remove from the heat, blitz until smooth with a stick blender, season with a little salt and pepper and enjoy..
Stir in the squash, cook for a minute or two then add the chicken stock. Once your squash is cooked, add this to the saucepan. When the beetroot is cooked, chop into small pieces and add to the saucepan along with squash. Stir well then add a pinch of chilli flakes, salt and pepper then pour in the stock. Try This Colorful Butternut Squash and Beet Soup We blended together two of fall's favorite ingredients for a perfect dinner party soup.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food beetroot and butternut squash soup recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.