I made this cake with a few modifications and he LOVES it! Says that it rivals his favorite carrot cake recipe. In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, vegetable oil, and eggs.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to prepare a distinctive dish, carrot cake. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Carrot cake is one of the most popular of current trending foods on earth. It is easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They are fine and they look fantastic. Carrot cake is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook carrot cake using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Carrot cake :
- Get 155 ml of sunflower oil plus extra for greasing.
- Prepare 230 g of self- raising flower.
- Get 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 1 of and a half tsp ground cinnamon.
- Take 1/2 tsp of mixed spice.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of group ginger.
- Take 230 g of brown sugar.
- Get of Zest of 1 lemon.
- Get 260 g of grated carrots.
- Take 100 g of halved walnuts.
- Get 3 of medium eggs, beaten.
- Make ready of Icing.
- Make ready 50 g of softened butter.
- Make ready 200 g of Philadelphia.
- Get 100 g of icing sugar.
In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add the eggs, oil, carrots and vanilla; beat until combined. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon.
Instructions to make Carrot cake :
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 4.
- Grease a 18 cm cake tin and line with baking parchment.
- Sift the flour baking powder and spices in to a large bowl.
- Add sugar, zest, walnuts and grated carrots then stir.
- Stir in the beaten eggs and oil and mix well.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- While the cake is cooking make the icing.
- Top with the icing and ur done.
I like using all-purpose flour, but you can substitute some of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat or white whole wheat flour. For a gluten-free carrot cake, swap the flour for your favorite gluten-free flour blend. Baking soda helps the cake to rise. Salt, cinnamon, and vanilla extract make the cake taste amazing. Oil keeps the cake nice and moist — any neutral flavored oil will work.
So that is going to wrap it up with this special food carrot cake recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.