Frost cupcakes with meringue; place on cookie sheet. Using a piping tip or a knife, cut a hole into the top of the cupcakes and press down to make a well for the curd. Add lemon curd into the cupcakes and frost them with the meringue.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, lemon meringue cupcakes. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Lemon Meringue Cupcakes is one of the most popular of current trending meals in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Lemon Meringue Cupcakes is something which I have loved my entire life. They are fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook lemon meringue cupcakes using 20 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes :
- Take of For the cake.
- Take 175 g of unsalted butter, softened.
- Make ready 175 g of self-raising flour.
- Prepare 175 g of caster sugar.
- Prepare 3 of large eggs.
- Take 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of lemon zest.
- Take 1-2 tbsp of milk (if mixture is too stiff).
- Take of For the lemon curd filling.
- Make ready 115 g of golden caster sugar.
- Take 30 g of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- Take 2 of large eggs, lightly beaten.
- Make ready of Juice of 1 lemon.
- Take of Freshly grated zest 1 lemon.
- Prepare of For the lemon meringue frosting.
- Get 170 g of caster sugar.
- Take 3 of large egg whites (112g roughly).
- Make ready 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1/4 tsp of cream of tartar.
Be sure that you use foil cupcake liners if broiling! These Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are made with a light lemon cake, lemon curd filling and lightly toasted meringue frosting! It's like Lemon Meringue Pie in cupcake form! With a soft cupcake base, sweet-tangy lemon filling and fluffy meringue, these lemon curd cupcakes are everything you love about lemon meringue pie, in cake form!
Instructions to make Lemon Meringue Cupcakes :
- First, make the lemon curd. In a heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, butter, eggs and lemon juice over a fairly low heat, whisking all the time, until the mixture is thick enough to hold marks of the whisk. This will take around 12-15 minutes. Once thickened, immediately pour the curd through a sieve into a bowl. Stir in the zest and set aside to cool..
- Preheat your oven to 180degrees fan and prepare a muffin tray with muffin cases..
- Make the cakes: using a beater in an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 4-5 minutes until pale and fluffy. Beat in one egg at a time, for about 2 minutes per egg. Add the lemon juice and zest before finally adding the flour and baking powder and fold in gently until fully incorporated. Add some milk if the mixture seems a little stiff..
- Divide this mixture evenly between the cake cases and bake in the oven for around 15 – 18 minutes, or until lightly golden and a skewer comes out clean when put into the cakes. Set aside to cool completely..
- While your cakes are cooling, get started on your meringue frosting. Heat all the frosting ingredients in a metal mixing bowl (ideally one that attaches to your free-standing electric mixer) over a Bain marie. Whisk continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture has reached a temperature of around 70-75 degrees C..
- Remove from the heat, put back to your free standing mixture and whisk on high for roughly 8-10 minutes until your meringue has doubled, even tripled in size, is glossy and stiff..
- When the cupcakes are cooled, core out the middle of each cupcake. You can do this using an Apple corer or a large piping nozzle. Place a dollop of lemon curd into the centre of each cupcake to the top..
- Pipe your meringue frosting onto each cupcake and blast the tops with a chefs blow torch, or place under a grill on a high setting to toast the meringue. Keep an eye on them! They will colour very quickly. Enjoy!.
These pretty cupcakes are so easy to make and perfect for entertaining, parties, or the perfect afternoon tea. I love experimenting with different cupcake combinations. LEMON MERINGUE PIE CUPCAKES These mini meringues will bring a touch of zing to your party and can be made one day ahead for extra ease These Lemon Meringue Cupcakes are made with a lightly lemon flavored cupcake, lemon curd filling, and lightly toasted meringue frosting! It's like Lemon Meringue Pie in cupcake form – so fun! For a pastry chef-worthy finish, toast the meringue on each cupcake with a kitchen torch until it's nicely browned, focusing the flame on the peak of the icing.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food lemon meringue cupcakes recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.