Then add the goat's cheese, stir to mix well and season. I'm calling it a quiche because it seems more fitting, though savory pie would be apt as well. It's the same texture as a pumpkin pie, a rich custard with plenty of eggs, cream, and silky smooth squash puree, but instead of sugar and molasses and maple syrup you get savory notes of goat cheese, black pepper, and fresh thyme.
Hey everyone, hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, roasted squash and goat cheese quiche. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Roasted squash and goat cheese quiche is one of the most well liked of current trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Roasted squash and goat cheese quiche is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have roasted squash and goat cheese quiche using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Roasted squash and goat cheese quiche :
- Get of Small pumpkin or 1/4 butternut squash cubed.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Take Handful of cavolo nero roughly chopped.
- Take 1.5 of large leek sliced.
- Make ready 1 of large tsp fresh thyme.
- Prepare 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 50 g of butter.
- Make ready 200 ml of single cream.
- Get 100 g of creme fraiche.
- Prepare 60-70 g of goat cheese.
- Make ready 1 of already rolled short crust pastry.
- Prepare of Salt and pepper.
Top reheated quiche with fresh microgreens just before serving. Seriously, this butternut squash and goat cheese quiche is a total crowd pleaser. Scatter the roasted vegetables in an even layer in the prepared pie crust. Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper.
Steps to make Roasted squash and goat cheese quiche :
- Roast the oil coated squash or pumpkin on 180C fan until starts to brown a little.
- Line the pastry to the quiche dish and pierce it with fork. Blindbake the shortcrust pastry for 20 min with baking beans. Remove the paper and beans after and bake it for another 5 min..
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the leek and cavolo nero. Cook until soft. Add the roasted squash and put it aside..
- Mixed cream, creme fraiche, eggs salt and pepper and thyme..
- Add the veg to the baked pastry. Placed the goest cheese over the veg. Pour the cream mix over the veg and bake the quiche for 45min on 180C fan, until lightly golden brown. Leave it to cool for about 15 min before slicing..
Pour over the veggies and goat cheese, being careful not to overfill the crust. Life looked much different back then. We were living on a small island in the Caribbean called Virgin Gorda. The squash is roasted to bring out its natural sweetness, and roasted garlic punches up the flavor. Cheese and sour cream add creamy richness without making the dish too heavy.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food roasted squash and goat cheese quiche recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.