All you need is a large tray of mushrooms, garlic, onion, rice, and fresh green onions! If you're a fan of mushrooms, then you're going to LOVE this mushroom rice! Top with toasted almonds and pine nuts and this rice will complement any Middle Eastern dish that you make.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, middle eastern mushroom rice. One of my favorites. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Middle Eastern Mushroom Rice is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It is simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. Middle Eastern Mushroom Rice is something which I’ve loved my entire life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook middle eastern mushroom rice using 25 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Middle Eastern Mushroom Rice :
- Make ready of Stock.
- Make ready 2 L of water.
- Make ready 4 of celery stalks, quartered (include leaves).
- Make ready 4 of carrots, halved by length and width.
- Make ready 4 of large brown onions, halved.
- Take 8 of garlic cloves, lightly bashed.
- Make ready 1 of cinnamon stick.
- Get Bunch of parsley.
- Get of Rice.
- Make ready 3 cups of golden sella basmati rice*.
- Make ready 1 tsp of allspice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Hoyts mixed spice**.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cumin.
- Make ready 2-4 tsp of salt (I add 4, it depends on your salt preference).
- Prepare 2 tsp of powdered white pepper.
- Take 2 Tbs of mild oil (rice bran, vegetable, etc).
- Take 1 kg of mushroom mince***.
- Prepare of Drizzle of olive oil.
- Make ready of Toasted garnish.
- Take 2 Tbs of mild oil.
- Make ready 150 g of pine nuts.
- Prepare 150 g of sliced almonds.
- Prepare of Fresh garnish.
- Make ready 50 g of pistachios, crushed.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of fresh red currents or pomegranate.
A stovetop and Instant Pot methods are included. Season with salt and pepper then remove and set aside (we put these in at the end, mushrooms cooked in rice don't stay as golden). Fold the rice in until it is evenly coated with the yogurt and saffron. Spoon half of the rice into the dish and.
Steps to make Middle Eastern Mushroom Rice :
- First make the stock by bringing to the boil all stock ingredients except parsley in a deep pot. Reduce heat, cover and allow to simmer for an hour..
- Meanwhile wash and drain the rice in a bowl. Add the all spice, mixed spice, cumin, salt and white pepper and allow to sit and marinate while the stock is simmering..
- Add parsley to the stock and simmer for another half hour. Once the stock is finish remove all the chunky stuff including cinnamon and bay leaves keep warm..
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a large, broad based pot on medium heat. Fry the mushrooms for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Add the rice, stir in and toast with the mushrooms for another 2-3 minutes..
- Pour half the stock into the rice, scrape down the sides so all rice is submerged. Cover and allow to simmer until 3/4 liquid has been absorbed. Add the rest of the stock, stir a little, cover and again, simmer until 3/4 is absorbed. Be gentle when stiring to avoid breaking the rice grains..
- Turn the heat off and leave the lid on the pot, the rest of the liquid will absorb out passively and leaves you with a really smooth, moist rice..
- Heat 2 Tbs oil in a frypan on low heat. Add the pine nuts and almonds and toast while stirring for 2 minutes or until they have just started to change colour. Remove from heat and from stove to avoid the nuts from burning. They will continue to toast in the hot oil..
- Drizzle the rice with some olive oil and mix in..
- Sprinkle the toasted nuts over the rice, and drizzle with the remaining oil in the frypan (very tasty nutty oil)..
- Garnish with crushed pistachios and red currants..
This rice pilaf is commonly called Middle Eastern Rice or Arabic Rice. It's a standard (and possibly the most popular) side dish in that region. We typically serve it with meat dishes like kafta and shawarma, but we also use it as a base to accompany many of our stews. That's actually how we mostly eat it in my house. It is an easy-to-make Middle Eastern comfort food that combines lentils, rice and delicious fried onions.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food middle eastern mushroom rice recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.