Paella is a Valencian word that means frying pan. The dish gets its name from it. Valencian speakers use the word paella for all pans, including the traditional shallow pan used for cooking the homonym dish.
Hello everybody, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, paella. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Paella is one of the most favored of current trending meals in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. Paella is something that I’ve loved my whole life. They are nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook paella using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Paella :
- Get 150 g of chorizo.
- Get 6 of chicken thighs (boned & skinless).
- Get 200 g of raw king prawns.
- Take 1 of whole red onion.
- Get 1 of large garlic clove.
- Get 250 g of paella rice.
- Get 1 ltr of chicken stock.
- Take 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp of turmeric.
- Make ready 1/2 tsp of sweat paprika.
- Take 1/2 tsp of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 of Chilli.
- Make ready of Red peppers.
- Make ready of Olive oil.
The pan is made out of polished or coated steel with two side handles. Paella is made with saffron and not the other types od herbs listed, and it is traditionally made with whole chicken parts and seafood (most still in shells). For a better version of this recipe try searching for Jambalaya, and for authentic Paella, look for a recipe with seafood and saffron. Nourishing, vibrant, and served without pretension, paella has held a place of honor and practicality in Spanish homes for centuries.
Steps to make Paella :
- Chop chorizo, onion, garlic, chilli and chicken and add to large frying pan. Lightly fry.
- Add prawns, turmeric, paprika and peppers. Stir for a couple minutes.
- Mix in the rice and peas.
- Pour in chicken stock and cover for 20 mins. No need to stir.
- After 20 mins remove lid and simmer for a couple of mins to make sure the liquid has all condensed.
If mussels aren't your favorite, you can easily substitute littleneck clams in their place–just be sure to thoroughly scrub the clams' shells in cold water before using. Add chorizo and cook until crisp, then remove from skillet. Add chicken and cook until it is. Paella is a Spanish dish traditionally made with rice, saffron, a variety of meat and shellfish, garlic, onions, peas, tomatoes and other vegetables. It's named for the wide, shallow pan it's cooked in, but I cook mine on the stovetop with delicious results.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food paella recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.