Place the sweet potatoes in a large saucepan with just enough water to cover. Or, you know, a piece of Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie. Sauté onions and garlic, then add ground beef and cook until browned.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes is something that I have loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes :
- Prepare of Vegetables.
- Get 1 of onion.
- Get 1 1/2 cup of celery.
- Prepare 1 cup of fennel.
- Get 1 medium of tomato.
- Take 1 small of zucchini.
- Prepare 1 packages of mushrooms.
- Make ready of Meat.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- Make ready 1/2 lb of sausage.
- Make ready 6 1/2 oz of can tomato paste.
- Make ready of Topping.
- Take 2 medium of sweet potatoes, mashed.
Stir in tomato paste, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper, and beef broth. Let everything simmer for a few minutes until the liquid is reduced, then stir in frozen veggies. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a family-pleasing, meal prep friendly and an incredibly tasty recipe. Shepherd's Pie with Sweet Potato Topping is a recipe you'll likely make again and again!
Steps to make Shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes :
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel sweet potatoes and cook in the microwave with one quarter cup of water until done.
- Brown 1 pound ground beef, 1/2 pound sausage, 1 cup of fennel, 1 1/2 cup of celery, and 1 medium onion.
- Season the meat mixture to taste.
- Blend the sweet potatoes until smooth.
- Cut up remaining vegetables including a summer squash 1 medium tomato and mushrooms.
- Once the meat mixture is cooked to add the vegetables plus one 6 ounce can tomato paste to it.
- Cover until heated through then transfer to a cake pan.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes then use the broiler to brown the top.
- Let sit for about 5 minutes so the goodness congeals together.
We shared this recipe a few years back at the beginning of our blogging days. It was a recipe I had created for a cooking class. We have given the traditional shepherd's pie a twist with a sweet potato topping. It's an ideal family meal or make a smaller portion for two. In large saucepan, place potatoes and enough water to cover.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food shepherd's pie with sweet potatoes recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.