Pair with a sandwich for a simple, comforting dinner option. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – Chockfull of hearty veggies and tender chicken in a refreshing lemony broth. It is PURE COMFORT in a bowl!
Hey everyone, it’s me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, chicken orzo soup. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Chicken Orzo Soup is one of the most popular of recent trending meals in the world. It’s easy, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Chicken Orzo Soup is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have chicken orzo soup using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Orzo Soup :
- Make ready of skinless chicken thighs.
- Make ready of water.
- Take of whole peeled onion.
- Take of onion diced.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of celery sliced.
- Get of peeled and sliced carrots.
- Make ready of can diced tomato.
- Prepare of orzo pasta.
- Make ready of parsley.
- Make ready of season salt.
- Take of pepper.
- Take of hot pepper flakes.
- Make ready of Parmesan cheese.
This lemon chicken soup with orzo is simple to make. Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup – A chicken soup that's loaded with tiny bits of tender orzo, lean, protein rich chicken breasts, fresh veggies and seasoned with fresh lemon. The first recipe I tried in my new Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi Cooker was this delicious chicken orzo soup, and wow, was it ever easy to make! Italian Chicken Orzo Soup is so comforting and delicious, it's a meal we could eat every week.
Steps to make Chicken Orzo Soup :
- In a large stockpot, add in chicken thighs, bay leaves, whole onion, and water. (Water should be about 1 inch above the chicken thighs. We think its about 8 cups.) Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 25 minutes. Pull out the chicken and whole onion and set aside chicken and discard onion..
- Add in carrots, celery, onion and tomato. Bring back to simmer and cook for 10 minutes. Shred chicken while vegetables are cooking..
- Add in orzo pasta and parsley, cook for 10 minutes or until al dente. Shred chicken while pasta is cooking..
- Add in shredded chicken, season salt, pepper and hot pepper flakes if desired. A little parmesan goes a long way too :).
I love making a large pot of soup knowing I'll have leftovers the next day. Any of my friends, family, or coworkers will tell you that I'm kind of a ridiculous fan of soup. This weeknight chicken soup goes Greek with orzo, lemon juice, and a handful of fresh dill. This lemon chicken orzo soup has got plenty of fresh herbs like rosemary and oregano, uses orzo pasta, and has a squeeze of bright lemon juice. This lemon chicken orzo soup is a fun twist on classic chicken noodle soup.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken orzo soup recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.