Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. Shepherd's pie lamb, cottage pie beef.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, shepherds pie😋. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Shepherds pie😋 is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Shepherds pie😋 is something which I have loved my whole life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have shepherds pie😋 using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherds pie😋 :
- Make ready of Potatoes.
- Prepare of Minced meat.
- Make ready of Onion.
- Prepare of Tomatoes.
- Make ready of Green hoho.
- Take of Carrots.
- Get of Ginger garlic paste.
- Get of Garam masala.
- Get of Paprika.
- Get cube of Beef.
- Make ready of Cheese – cheddar.
Another explanation is that Cottage pie should be made with a topping of sliced potato like roof tiles and shepherd's pie is mash like a lambs fluffy wool. The sauce is really simple and flavorful, but the best part is the insanely fluffy mashed potato. These shepherd's pie recipes run the range from the traditional (featuring ground or minced lamb) to the modestly modified (ground beef instead of lamb) to the more modern and experimental (vegan or paleo shepherd's pies). You can't go wrong with any of these savory one-pot comfort-food casseroles, complete meals that also feature veggies, a savory gravy, and a mashed potato (or a surprise.
Steps to make Shepherds pie😋 :
- Peel potatoes wash and cube them. Then add salt and boil until soft. Then mash adding a little milk to the potatoes. Once done set aside.
- For the minced meat,place them in a pan and let it cook and boil in it's own juices. You dont need to add water. Set aside once done..
- In another pan,fry the onions until golden brown. Add the cubed carrots and let it cook through..
- Add the ginger garlic paste and the tomatoes and hoho,let everything cook up. Add the spices,a little water and let it simmer until the tomatoes release their juices..
- Now to the fried mixture add the minced meat and mix well. Add a little water,cover and let it cook through for 5 minutes or until it's done..
- Transfer the cooked minced meat to your baking dish and spread it out evenly.Then sprinkle a little cheese,I used cheddar. Then now put the mashed potato layer on top and try flatten it over the meat..
- Again sprinkle more cheese according to your liking. Then bake at 180 degree for 20 minutes or until the top layer is well cooked..
- Now it's ready to serve..
Best Shepherd's Pie This is the best shepherds pie recipe I've ever had, and it comes from a friend who was a whiz at pinching pennies without sacrificing hearty flavor.—Valerie Merrill, Topeka, Kansas My husband loves shepherd's pie, so I had to make this when I saw the recipe (he loves corn, too); and I have to say this is the best tasting shepherd's pie. Easy to make – with a yum-yum factor that has him raving. Incredibly easy to make, yet so delicious! Cream of mushroom soup adds flavor and creaminess to the filling, and instant mashed potatoes makes it quick and easy! Plus, this savory, comfort food classic is easy […] You'll love the convenience of this easy, comforting shepherd's pie from Martha Stewart.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food shepherds pie😋 recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.