In England (and Australia and New Zealand) they would call the beef dish a "cottage pie" and the lamb dish "shepherd's pie". Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well browned. In England, the birthplace of this hearty dish, shepherd's pie is most often made with a ground-lamb filling.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, shepherd’s pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Shepherd’s Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods in the world. It is appreciated by millions every day. It is simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. Shepherd’s Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook shepherd’s pie using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Shepherd’s Pie :
- Take 3 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of onion.
- Take 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 500 g of minced lamb.
- Prepare of Large splash Worcestershire sauce.
- Take 2 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 2 of low salt beef stock cubes.
- Take 1 kg of potatoes.
- Get of Large splash of milk.
- Make ready Knob of butter.
- Get of Pepper to season.
In the States, people use ground beef, which is what we call. Traditionally, shepherd's pie is made with lamb (hence the name). However, as the dish gained wider popularity outside of its native English homeland (where using beef would make this a cottage pie), beef became a common substitute, especially in America where it's more widely available than ground lamb. A common casserole that originated in the UK, a shepherd's pie is that all-in-one meal that includes richly seasoned beef, vegetables, and a lovely light mashed potato topping.
Instructions to make Shepherd’s Pie :
- Slice carrots and onion and gently fry in olive oil for 5 minutes in a large pan.
- Turn heat to maximum temperature and add the minced lamb.
- Once lamb is browned stir in tomato purée and Worcestershire sauce and fry for a few minutes.
- Add 2 beef stock cubes to 500ml boiling water and add this to the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer gently for 40 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes and slice into small chunks and place into a saucepan.
- Cover them with boiling water and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees. When potatoes are soft, add milk and butter and mash them until creamy.
- Place lamb mixture into ovenproof dish.
- Place mash potato on top of the mixture and use a fork to spread evenly.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Some have cheese, others include diced potatoes, and still, some have a variety of meats, but this is the one and only classic that my family begs me to make. This shepherd's pie features the traditional minced lamb, but from there the recipe takes things in a sweet-and-savory direction. "This is a Moroccan take on shepherd's pie," says Maryam. "With lamb and turmeric simmered with cinnamon, raisins, and sweet potato. Drain potatoes and pour them into a bowl. Combine sour cream, egg yolk and cream. Add the cream mixture into potatoes and mash until.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food shepherd’s pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.