Making suet shortcrust pastry from scratch is satisfying and ideal for this king-sized chicken pie with sausage. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. With a flaky, buttery crust, it's comfort food at its finest.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chicken pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chicken Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals on earth. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Chicken Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook chicken pie using 23 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Chicken Pie :
- Prepare 1 of pastry for double crust pie (see recipe).
- Get of Alternatively, buy 2 premade puff-crust doughs.
- Make ready 1 of whole chicken.
- Make ready 1/2 of onion chopped.
- Take 1/2 of onion whole.
- Make ready 1 of large stem celery chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small stem celery (whole, with leaves).
- Get 1 of leek, white part only, sliced.
- Make ready 240 gr of mushrooms (chopped in quarters).
- Get 10 of calamata olives (pitted and halfed).
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Make ready of salt.
- Get of pepper.
- Prepare 1 of egg white.
- Take 1 can of green peas.
- Prepare 1/3 of carrot, whole.
- Prepare 2/3 of carrot, chopped.
- Make ready 2 cloves of garlic.
- Make ready of olive oil.
- Take of oregano.
- Prepare 20 g. of butter.
- Get 80-100 gr of bacon, chopped finely.
- Get 2 of lt. boiling water.
And whiles it's a dish that you can. Now, if you're going to cook the chicken for the pie (instead of taking the rotisserie chicken shortcut), start by putting all the ingredients for the chicken (chicken, onion, celery, and seasonings) in a large pot. Add enough water to just cover the chicken. Bring the whole thing to a boil, reduce the heat to low, and.
Instructions to make Chicken Pie :
- Cut chicken into pieces. Heat oil in a large pot, stirfry 1/2 whole onion, 1/3 whole carrot, celery stem and garlic cloves together with chicken backbone, breast and thighs and interiors if available (reserve drumsticks and wings for a different dish); flip once or twice until browned. Add salt, pepper, oregano, leek leaves and boiling water (2 lt.). Boil for 1/2 hour medium high heat, covered, then let simmer for additional 15m-30m. Reserve chicken and strain stock, discard veggies..
- While chicken is cooking, make dough according to recipe. Divide dough in 2 and reserve each ball in plastic film, room temperature..
- When you are done with the dough, add oil to a pan and stirfry chopped onion, carrot, leek and celery. Reseve. Stirfry bacon (optional) and mushrooms. Reserve together with the rest of the veggies..
- When the chicken has cooled down, remove meat from bones and cut in bite size pieces (size to taste). Be sure to prevent bone or cartilage to mix with the meat. Discard bones..
- Heat butter in a pan, add flour and stir until browned. Slowly add broth to create a gravy-like consistency. Add reserved stirfried veggies, add chicken meat, add green peas, add olives. Here's where you can be creative and add/remove/replace any of the ingredients (but if you remove the chicken, it's not a chicken pie anymore 😁)..
- Add stock and make it slightly more liquid that the consistency you want inside the chicken pie. Season to taste and let simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until you reach the consistency you desire. Turn oven on and preheat @ 200C..
- Roll half of the dough and lay it in the pan, covering the edges and leaving excess to fold the dough (use ~1 to 2 inches high pie pan). Roll top dough to make sure it covers the pan. (There should be some excess dough that you can use for decoration or some extra biscuits). Fill the bottom dough with the mix in the pan, making sure it does not overflow..
- Cover with top dough, cut excess dough off and stick edges together and roll them in. Use part (or all) of the excess dough to add ornaments to the dough..
- Brush eggwhite on top of dough and make small wholes evenly to let steam escape..
- Bake in oven for 20-30 mins, until top crust is cooked and browned. Let rest for 5-10 mins before serving..
Pour the chicken mixture into a deep pie pan or small casserole dish. Place the crust on top of the chicken mixture and cut small slits. Place potatoes and carrots in a large saucepan; add water to cover. Chicken pot pie is the perfect cozy comfort meal to serve up to your crew on a chilly weeknight! Pillsbury™ crescents bake up into a buttery, flaky crust that, when combined with a creamy, hearty chicken-and-vegetable filling, make this easy dinner casserole a new family favorite.
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chicken pie recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.