Besides being a great gluten-free and low-carb alternative to classic lasagna, this comforting casserole is the perfect way to put a load of summer eggplant to good use. In between the eggplant slices is a luscious, creamy mix of ricotta, spinach, Parmesan, and mushrooms. It's a vegetarian lasagna that is hearty, filling, and comforting, just as any good lasagna recipe should be.
Hey everyone, it’s Jim, welcome to my recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, eggplant lasagna. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Eggplant lasagna is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes delicious. Eggplant lasagna is something which I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have eggplant lasagna using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Eggplant lasagna :
- Get 2 of eggplants.
- Take of Olive oil.
- Get of Garlic powder.
- Make ready of Onion powder.
- Take of Oregano.
- Prepare of Basil.
- Make ready of Salt.
- Make ready of pepper.
- Get 1 jar of marinara sauce or favorite spaghetti sauce.
- Get of Mozzarella cheese.
- Make ready of Hot sauce optional.
Pat dry with paper towels to remove excess liquid. Eggplant has a very mild flavor, like spaghetti squash. Because it has such a mild flavor, it's easily used in recipes that have bold flavors. In something like eggplant lasagna, the eggplant flavor itself isn't even really tasted.
Instructions to make Eggplant lasagna :
- Cut eggplants and then in a bowl mix all seasonings with Olive oil (use whatever seasoning you like or have on hand).
- Place eggplant on cookie sheet and with grilling Brush add seasoning mixture to each slice on both sides cook on 400 to 8-10 mins remove from oven.
- In a 13×9 baking dish put a small layer of sauce down so it don’t stick then place eggplant in the dish add sauce then cheese Repeat till all eggplant is used..
- Cook on 400 till cheese melts.
- In this picture you can see I only had 4 slices left I just put it on top and all the rest of the sauce and spread it out the best I could and cover it with cheese..
- Notes- you can add other veggies or meat in the sauce. I severed this with cheesy bread. Salad would go with this as well..
- If adding other veggies like squash and zucchini make it the same way as the eggplant..
Sprinkle some of the mozzarella cheese mixed with the parmesan cheese, pepper, and drizzle the tomato sauce over. Top with a layer of lasagna noodles. Top the noodles with a thin layer of ricotta. Spoon on a few dollops then spread it with an offset or a rubber spatula. Top the ricotta with half the eggplant,.
So that is going to wrap it up for this exceptional food eggplant lasagna recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.