Dot the top of the filling. In a large bowl, mix together rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, zest, and salt until mixture begins to look juicy. Place one crust into a pie dish and pour in fruit mixture.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, strawberry rhubarb pie. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is one of the most favored of recent trending foods on earth. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have strawberry rhubarb pie using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Strawberry Rhubarb Pie :
- Prepare of Crust:.
- Make ready 2 cups of AP flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of softened unsalted butter.
- Get 1/2 cup of ice cold water.
- Get of Filling:.
- Make ready 3 of eggs.
- Get 3 Tbsp of orange juice.
- Get 1 1/2 cups of sugar.
- Get 1/4 cup of AP flour.
- Make ready 1 tsp of nutmeg.
- Take 3 cups of chopped rhubarb.
- Get 1 cup of strawberries.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
In a bowl, combine rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice and cinnamon. On lightly floured surface, roll out half of the pastry and line a nine-inch pie plate. To make the filling: Whisk together the sugar, thickener, and salt. Toss the rhubarb and strawberries with the sugar mixture.
Steps to make Strawberry Rhubarb Pie :
- Preheat oven 400°.
- For crust: mix dry ingredients with a pastry blender, add butter and mix til crumbly, add water and mix until just combine (careful not to over mix or crust will be tough). Divide in half, and roll out half on a well floured surface. Place into 9" pie dish..
- Combine all ingredients for filling and pour into bottom crust..
- Roll out remaining dough and top pie. Trim off excess dough about an inch from edge. Tuck and flute edges. Make several slits in top crust for vents..
- Place pie dish on a parchment lined baking sheet in case of bubble-over..
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until top crust is golden. (I made this one for my brother-in-law's birthday, hence the initials lol).
Sensational strawberry rhubarb pie with frozen fruit is a flavorful blend of juicy strawberries and tart rhubarb in a flaky bottom crust. The sweetness of the juicy strawberries balances out the bitterness of the rhubarb. A rhubarb looks like pink celery. Its stalk form with the leaves on its end. While being raised on a farm I often ate rhubarb, so it's natural for me to use it in a pie.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food strawberry rhubarb pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.