It's deeply savoury and completely delicious. We call it Bibby's Shepherd's pie. For this Shepherd's pie, you're going to need the leftovers from a Sunday lunch lamb roast.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, sunday lunch lamb shepherds pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It’s simple, it’s quick, it tastes yummy. It is enjoyed by millions every day. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie is something which I have loved my entire life.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook sunday lunch lamb shepherds pie using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie :
- Get 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Get 1 1/4 kg of potatoes and sweet potatoe cut into small chunks. 50% each.
- Make ready 1 of onion finely chopped.
- Get 3 clove of garlic finely chopped.
- Make ready 400 grams of minced lamb.
- Take 1 pinch of salt and pepper to season.
- Make ready 3 of leeks cut into discs.
- Get 1 head of broccoli cut into small florets.
- Prepare 1/2 pints of lamb stock.
- Take 1 bunch of fresh mint finely chopped.
- Get 50 ml of milk.
- Get 25 grams of butter.
If you don't have a go-to lamb recipe, this lamb shawarma is one the most popular meat recipes on the blog. This pie is unusual in that it involves no pastry, only a creamy layer of potatoes. Like many British dishes, it developed as a way to use leftovers from a Sunday lunch — in this case, roast lamb. These days, shepherd's pie is commonly made using ground lamb.
Instructions to make Sunday Lunch Lamb Shepherds Pie :
- You will need two good sized pans and a large oven proof baking dish for this recipe..
- Put all potatoes into a pan add a little salt. Add enough boiling water to cover them. Put lid on and simmer..
- Heat oil in a large pan. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft..
- Add lamb and season. Cook until brown. About 5 mins. Stir occasionally..
- When brown put the lamb mince into the baking dish. Spread evenly..
- Pour over lamb stock..
- Make an even layer of broccoli and leeks over mince. They will cook in the oven..
- When potatoes are ready drain and return to pan. Add milk, butter, mint (leave some mint for later) and then mash..
- Form an even layer of mash over mince. Sprinkle a little mint on top..
- Put into a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 40 mins or until golden brown on top..
- Serve with salad and a nice white wine. Enjoy..
The meat base of this dinner must be lamb in order to be called shepherd's pie. If beef is used, then it is a Cottage pie. For this recipe, we started the lamb in the slow cooker to deepen the flavors. Layer in green peas, carrots, and onions and top with a layer of prepared mashed potatoes. Instructions. potatoes: boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water until fork tender.
So that is going to wrap it up with this exceptional food sunday lunch lamb shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure that you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.