Rasam made with thick coconut milk, tamarind pulp, rasam powder and spices. Thakkali soup aka masala rasam is a flavorful,slightly tangy soup infused with the coconut milk. This soup goes very well with the steaming rice accompanied with some spicy vegetable fry.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, coconut milk rasam (soup). It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. They’re nice and they look fantastic. Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup) is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can cook coconut milk rasam (soup) using 18 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup) :
- Get 1 tsp of Coconut oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Methi seeds.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tsp of urad dal.
- Get 2 of Red chilli broken.
- Get 1 of string Curry leaves.
- Take Pinch of Hing.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Cumin crushed.
- Take 4 of Garlic cloves crushed.
- Make ready 2 of Green chilli broken.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato chopped finely.
- Take 1/2 cup of Tamarind water.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Turmeric.
- Get 1 Cup of water.
- Get 1 tsp of Crushed Pepper.
- Make ready 1 cup of Thick Coconut milk.
- Take As needed of Coriander leaves.
- Prepare As needed of Salt.
I have no idea why it is called as soup and its a thinner version of kurma. But this soup no way resembles the tomato soup which is served as an appetizer. It is a spicy-sweet-sour stock traditionally prepared using kokum, tamarind, or dried green mango juice as a base along with jaggery, garlic, black pepper, chili pepper, cumin, tomato, and other spices as seasonings. Slowly pour the chicken broth over the mixture, stirring continually.
Instructions to make Coconut Milk Rasam (Soup) :
- Heat oil in kadai add methi seeds, Mustard, urad dal. Once mustard done add broken red chilli, curry leaves and hing. Saute for 30 sec..
- Now add crushed cumin, garlic and green chillies. Saute couple of seconds and add chopped tomato, tamarind water and one more cup of water. Add salt. Boil for 10 minutes in low flame..
- Now add crushed pepper, thick coconut milk and let it boil for 3 minutes in low flame. Adjust salt and garnish with coriander leaves. Enjoy with rice and papad..
Rasam is a South Indian soup. There are many different types of rasam, but the common ingredients tend to be tamarind juice, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. After discovering tomato rasam, coconut milk rasam is now my daughter's favorite. Prep-ahead tip: Make the coconut milk and rasam powder ahead of time. Cook till the raw smell disappears.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food coconut milk rasam (soup) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.