Hello everybody, it is John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I will show you a way to make a distinctive dish, spicy mapo tofu (healthier version). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version) is one of the most favored of recent trending meals on earth. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version) is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To get started with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can cook spicy mapo tofu (healthier version) using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version) :
- Get 1 piece of soft silken organic tofu (package).
- Prepare 3 piece of green onion.
- Prepare 1 head of garlic.
- Make ready 1 piece of ginger freshly peeled (size of thumb ).
- Prepare 1 lb of ground pork.
- Take 2 of star anise.
- Take 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of black pepper or white pepper.
- Take 1 tbsp of oyster sauce.
- Make ready 1 tbsp of hoisin sauce.
- Take 1 tbsp of garlic chili sauce.
- Get 1 tbsp of sirracha.
- Take 1/2 cup of shaoxing rice wine.
- Make ready 1/2 can of chicken stock.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of avocado oil.
- Take 1 tsp of cayenne pepper powder.
- Take 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of crushed red pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- Take 1 bunch of cilantro chopped discard stem.
- Get 1 tbsp of cornstarch mixed in 2 tablespoons cold water.
- Prepare 10 piece of dry red chilis.
- Make ready 3 cup of white rice.
Instructions to make Spicy Mapo Tofu (Healthier Version) :
- Finely chop green onion, peeled garlic and peeled ginger. Set aside..
- Combine ground pork, salt and pepper to taste,cayenne, chili powder and pour in Shao xing rice wine, dark soy sauce and set aside to marinate for 10 min.
- In a hot wok, pour in avocado oil. Sautee green onion, garlic and ginger until aromatic. Be careful not to brown the garlic.
- Add in ground pork mixture and brown..
- When pork is cooked, add in star anise, crushed red pepper, dry red chilis, oyster sauce, hoisin, chili garlic sauce, sirracha, and chicken broth. Let everything combine and bring to a boil..
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch cubes and add to pork mixture. Let boil for 5 min. Taste it to see if more salt needed.
- Add cornstarch slurry to mixture. Let boil for 1 min. Remove from heat, pour into casserole dish and top with freshly chopped cilantro.
- Make steamed rice on the side. And serve together.
So that is going to wrap this up with this exceptional food spicy mapo tofu (healthier version) recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.