A deeply savoury lamb and vegetable filling While Shepherd's Pie is traditionally made with lamb, beef is just as tasty in this recipe. This is a timeless classic – make this once and you'll make it. Ashlee Marie Cheddar Topped Shepherd's Pie – Hearty, meat filling with cheddar mashed potato topping.
Hey everyone, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a distinctive dish, family favourite shepherds pie. One of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Family favourite shepherds pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions every day. They are fine and they look fantastic. Family favourite shepherds pie is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have family favourite shepherds pie using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Family favourite shepherds pie :
- Get 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 stick of celery, finely chopped.
- Get 3 of medium carrots, finely chopped1 tbsp olive oil.
- Prepare 8-10 of potatoes, boiled and mashed with a little butter and salt to taste (you could do more if you like lots of mash on top like us!).
- Make ready 500 g of lean beef mince.
- Prepare 300 g of frozen Quorn mince.
- Get 350 ml of veg stock – we use bouillon as its vegan and organic.
- Make ready 1 of beef oxo cube (optional if you're using beef mince).
- Take 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Take 1 of level tsp smoked paprika.
- Take 1 of heaped tsp marmite (it makes all the difference – even if you're a marmite hater!).
- Make ready 1 tsp of tomato puree.
This recipe is a family favorite! Easy Shepherd's Pie is the perfect week-night dinner! Loaded with meat and veggies and topped with potatoes and cheese, this dish is perfect comfort This easy Shepherd's Pie recipe was definitely one of those "rotation meals" in our family growing up. My family actually called it "hamburger pie" and I..with the kind of refrigeration we had in our homes, cooked meat could be kept much more safely than raw.
Instructions to make Family favourite shepherds pie :
- Heat the oil in a large pan (oven proof if possible to save on washing up!) Add the veg and cook for 10-15 mins until lovely and soft..
- Add the beef mince and cook for 5 minutes or so until browned. Now add the Quorn mince and cook for a few minutes..
- Sprinkle over the Oxo cube and paprika and stir into the mince. Add the balsamic vinegar and stir again. Add a few tbsps of stock and cook for a minute or two to allow the mince to absorb the flavour..
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir well into the mince mix. Gradually add half of the remaining stock and simmer for a few minutes. The liquid should start to thicken. At this point, add the marmite and the tomato puree and stir again..
- Add a little more of the stock and keep adding until the "gravy" reaches the desired consistency. You may not need all the stock..
- Season the mixture with salt and pepper and take off the heat. If you have time, let the mince mixture and the mash cool a little as it's easier to build the pie when its had time to cool down..
- When ready, pour the mince mix into a large ovenproof dish. Spoon the mashed potato on the top and fluff up with a fork..
- Cook in a preheated oven at 190˚ for about 25-35 minutes. (If you have left the mixture to cool completely beforehand, reduce the heat of the oven to 180˚ and cook for 40 – 45 minutes.).
- Serve with some fresh green veg whilst piping hot. Try not to fall out over the crispy bits!.
Therefore, when housewives bought their Sunday meat they selected pieces large enough to. Plunge your spoon into a shepherd's pie with creamy mash and flavourful lamb mince. We've got some lovely twists on shepherd's pie on the site, but we were missing a definitive version of this classic family recipe – here it is! The family favourite with a spicy kick and parsnip mash topping. Shepherd's pie is a classic casserole of ground meat and vegetables topped with fluffy mashed potatoes.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food family favourite shepherds pie recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I’m confident that you will make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.