It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker. To most people, "pot roast" means slow-cooked beef with carrots, potatoes, or other vegetables added partway through cooking. The term actually refers either to the cooking method or the dish.
Hello everybody, hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, pot roast. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a bit tasty. This will be really delicious.
Pot Roast is one of the most popular of recent trending foods in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions daily. They’re fine and they look wonderful. Pot Roast is something that I have loved my entire life.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have pot roast using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Pot Roast :
- Prepare 3-4 lb of boneless chuck roast, trimmed.
- Take 2 of large yellow onions; large dice.
- Get 3 stalks of celery; large dice.
- Make ready 3 of carrots; about 1/4" inch thick.
- Make ready 2 of large Idaho potatoes; peeled & large dice.
- Get 4 cloves of garlic; creamed.
- Take 4 C of beef stock.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- Take 1 T of tomato paste.
- Take 2 T of fresh rosemary; minced.
- Get 2 t of fresh thyme; minced.
- Make ready 1/4 C of worcestershire sauce.
- Make ready as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
- Make ready as needed of vegetable oil.
- Prepare as needed of fresh parsley; minced.
Classic Sunday Pot Roast is an easy to make comfort food that is hearty, filling, and can easily feed the whole family. This recipe will work for a classic. A pot roast is a delicious, hearty, and relatively inexpensive meal that is a staple for many families. The slow-cooking method is part of what makes this dish so delicious.
Steps to make Pot Roast :
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Season roast with half the thyme and rosemary, salt, and pepper..
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pot or dutch oven. Sear roast on all sides and remove to a plate..
- Add onions, carrots, and the remaining rosemary and thyme. Cook until onions begin to caramelize. Add garlic. Cook 30 seconds..
- Add tomato paste. Cook 1 minute..
- Add worcestershire sauce. Scrape up any brown bits remaining on the bottom of the pot. Cook until nearly dry..
- Return roast to pot. Add broth and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer. Cover..
- Transfer to oven. Cook for 3-4 hours or until roast is tender..
- Garnish with parsley..
- Variations; Cola, roasted garlic, bouqet garni, canola oil, bacon fat, crushed pepper flakes, red potatoes, fingerlings, sweet potatoes, turnips, rutabaga, parsnip, butternut squash, acorn squash, scallions, chives, leeks, red wine, beer, root beer, oregano, zucchini, green beans, bell peppers, jalapeños, paprika, shallots, pearl onion, asparagus, fennel, dried onion soup mix, chile puree, mushrooms.
Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food! It's a super hearty, deliciously flavorful meal in one that's sure to satisfy even the pickiest of eaters. Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both inexpensive and require little hands-on cooking. This dish has long been the Sunday night dinner that. Chuck roast is the key to this pot roast recipe.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this exceptional food pot roast recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.