Cover with pastry, lightly pricking the pastry to allow steam to escape. A vegetable packed pie great for giving to children. Get them involved in the cooking.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to prepare a special dish, simple chicken vegetable pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions daily. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are fine and they look wonderful. Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie is something which I’ve loved my entire life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can cook simple chicken vegetable pie using 15 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie :
- Get of Crust.
- Take 1 cup of milk.
- Take 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- Make ready 2 cup of flour.
- Take 1/3 cup of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Make ready of Filling.
- Get 1 lb of chicken breasts, chopped into bite size pieces.
- Take 1 packages of frozen mixed vegetables.
- Make ready 2 tbsp of Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herbs.
- Get of sea salt.
- Prepare of ground black pepper.
- Take 6 tbsp of flour.
- Take 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Take 4 cup of milk.
Let your children pick and choose which veg they like best, and get them to help make this simple pie. Chop the cooked chicken into even-sized pieces and add to the sauce. Add your veg and pour into the pie. Canned vegetables and a store-bought crust make this chicken pot pie almost as easy as cooking the frozen kind!
Steps to make Simple Chicken Vegetable Pie :
- Preheat oven to 425°F..
- Combine flour, salt and flour in mixing bowl. Add in oil and milk. Mix thoroughly, then set aside..
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan at medium-high heat. Add chicken, cook until chicken is no longer pink..
- Add flour one tablespoon at a time, mixing so that it thoroughly coats the chicken and absorbs the oil. Also add seasoning at this time..
- Add milk slowly, mixing thoroughly as you do. It should start thickening into gravy as it mixes with the floured chicken..
- Add vegetables to the chicken gravy. Allow gravy to cook until vegetables defrost, stirring frequently..
- In your baking dish, take about half of the dough you made previously and press it evenly into the bottom of the dish. Bake in oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the crust just starts to turn brown (I usually do this while I'm preparing the filling) Remove from oven..
- Scoop/pour the filling into the baking dish on top of the crust..
- Flatten the remaining dough out evenly and lay it over the filling so that it covers it (It doesn't have to be perfect, as the crust usually pulls away from the edges a bit anyway)..
- Place in oven for 10-15 minutes, or until the crust is a golden brown..
- Remove from oven and serve! If you allow it to sit and cool for a few minutes before serving, its usually a little easier to scoop out, as the filling thickens a little as it cools. Enjoy!.
This one is so quick and easy that everyone will be amazed with your culinary skills. Plus, this homemade chicken pot pie is super easy to prep, making it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike. popular and top-rated meals of all time, this Classic Chicken Pot Pie has a flaky, buttery crust, a creamy sauce, and a hearty mix of chicken and vegetables your family will love. A traditional chicken pie is classic comfort food and this fuss-free recipe is one you'll want to make again and again. It's worth making your own pastry Sift the flour and salt together into a large mixing bowl. Dice the cold butter and vegetable shortening and rub them into the flour until the mixture.
So that is going to wrap this up with this special food simple chicken vegetable pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.