These lasagna recipes (some vegan, others stuffed full of meat and cheese) prove just how much flavor can be stacked between sheets of pasta. This lasagna recipe is super simple to make, and so flavorful. It's perfect for potlucks and other The site may earn a commission on some products.
Hey everyone, it is Drew, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, lasagna. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Lasagna is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions daily. Lasagna is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look fantastic.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook lasagna using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Lasagna :
- Get 1 of # ground beef.
- Prepare 1 of # pork (or sweet sausage).
- Take 1/2 C of onion, minced.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic, crushed.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can crushed tomatoes.
- Get 1 (14 oz) of can tomato sauce.
- Get 2 (6 oz) of can tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/4 C of water, slightly less.
- Get 2 T of white sugar.
- Make ready 1 1/2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of italian seasoning.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of salt, divided.
- Take 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Make ready 4 T of fresh parsley, chopped (4 tsp dried).
- Get 12 of lasagna noodles.
- Make ready 16 oz of ricotta cheese.
- Make ready 1 of egg.
- Prepare 3 C of mozzarella cheese, shredded.
- Get 3/4 C of parmesan cheese, grated.
- Get of Crushed red pepper flakes, optional.
It couldn't be easier to make. Your ingredient options when making lasagna are virtually endless. You can make vegetarian lasagna, a meat lover's lasagna, or lasagna with all the works, packed with your. From Italian lasagna (and its plural lasagne), possibly from Vulgar Latin *lasania, from Latin lasanum ("cooking pot"), from Ancient Greek λάσανον (lásanon, "trivet or stand for a pot").
Instructions to make Lasagna :
- In a Dutch oven, cook beef, pork, onion, and garlic over medium heat until browned. Stir in the crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and water. Add the sugar, basil, Italian seasoning, 1 tsp salt, pepper and 2T parsley (2 tsp dried). Add the red pepper flakes if using. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours. Stir occasionally..
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook the noodles for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. In a small bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, egg, 2T parsley (2 tsp dried) and 1/2 tsp salt..
- Preheat oven to 375°..
- Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 1/2C of meat sauce on the bottom. Put a single layer of noodles over the meat sauce. Spread with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Top with 1C of mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with some of the parmesan cheese. Repeat layers 2 times and the top will be the cheeses. Cover with sprayed foil to prevent the cheese sticking to it..
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Cool for 15-20 minutes before cutting into your lasagna..
- I had an 8oz roll of mozzarella cheese on hand, so I sliced it and put it on the cheese layers..
Others argue the Italian lasagna originally derived from the Arabic لَوْزِينَج (lawzīnaj, "almond cake"). This classic lasagna recipe is all about making a quality ragù—it's hard to mess up once you get that right. Add lasagna to one of your lists below, or create a new one. This EASY Lasagna Soup tastes just like lasagna with layers of cheesy noodles smothered in rich marinara infused with garlic, onion and Italian spices all smothered Parmesan, mozzarella and ricotta. Pasta noodles piled high and layered full of three kinds of cheese to go along with the perfect blend of meaty and zesty, tomato pasta sauce all loaded with herbs.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this special food lasagna recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.