Mahamri are donuts that are very popular in the coastal regions of Tanzania, Kenya and Uganda. Mahamri is made in brown and gold in the shape of triangles. Inside this is the coconut and cardamom pastry spices.
Hey everyone, I hope you are having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, breakfast: mahamri. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Breakfast: Mahamri is one of the most well liked of current trending meals in the world. It is simple, it is fast, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions daily. Breakfast: Mahamri is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must first prepare a few ingredients. You can have breakfast: mahamri using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Breakfast: Mahamri :
- Prepare 250 gms of all purpose wheat flour.
- Prepare of Coconut milk or normal milk or both.
- Get of Cardamon seeds.
- Make ready of Sugar.
- Make ready of Instant yeast or baking powder.
- Make ready of Cooking oil.
- Get of Warm water.
Puffy and golden brown, these triangular doughnuts are made with coconut milk and spiced with cardamom. Often eaten alongside pigeon peas, mahamri/mandaze are great treats to make for family gatherings or to enjoy at breakfast along with a cup of chai or coffee. Mahamri (African Doughnuts) These golden brown puffy triangles are so delicious you won't stop eating them! When I was a child growing up in Mombasa I used to help my mother make these doughnuts called bur saliid or khamiir in Somali or mahamri in Swahili.
Instructions to make Breakfast: Mahamri :
- Add 250gms of flour in a basin or large bowl. Add 3 spoons of sugar the taste the mixture- you can add more sugar if you like..
- In a separate bowl add 1/2 spoon of yeast, a pinch of salt and 1/4 glass of warm water and leave to raise for about 10mins. If using baking poweder you can add diretly to your sugar and flour mixture.
- Grind cardoms to have a powder- i like it this way. Seive out the covers and pour the seeds into the flour. However, if you can, open up the cardom pods and use the seeds inside.
- Add your milk or coconut milk to the flour then add your risen yeast mixture and mix to make a soft dough. Add extra flour and water as required. Your dough should be soft but not sticky. Cover and let rest and raise for 20mins to 8hrs🤪.
- Once your dough has risen, separate it into sizeable balls. Using your rolling pin, make a circle of each ball and cut to desired shapes. Don't make it too thin to avoid hardening.
- Dip your cup pieces to cooking oil and let cook till brown. I love mine in different shapes and sizes for the fun of it. Enjoy🤗.
They are great for breakfast eaten with beans in coconut sauce or just with a cup of chai. Mahamri (also sometimes called mandazi) is a popular coast dish common at the Kenyan coast and in Tanzania. They are a spongy and sweet-tasting golden brown doughnut of either triangular or square shape. Read on to find out the secret of this simple mandazi recipe. Image: youtube.com, giphy.com (modified by author) Mbaazi is made of pigeon peas cooked in coconut milk, while Mahamri (Mahambri) is a Swahili delicacy eaten with other meals to compliment the taste.
So that’s going to wrap it up for this exceptional food breakfast: mahamri recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I’m confident you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.