The cooking time may seem long, but that is simply the condensed milk caramelizing on the stove. This is a twist on the traditional banoffee pie, using a blind baked pie crust, a salted caramel pastry cream, fresh bananas, and vanilla bean whipped cream. Banoffee Pie: a classic combination of bananas and toffee, layered in a crunchy graham cracker crust and crowned with whipped cream.
Hey everyone, it is me again, Dan, welcome to my recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a distinctive dish, banana custard banoffee pie. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Banana Custard Banoffee Pie is one of the most favored of current trending foods on earth. It’s appreciated by millions daily. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. They’re fine and they look fantastic. Banana Custard Banoffee Pie is something that I’ve loved my entire life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can have banana custard banoffee pie using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Banana Custard Banoffee Pie :
- Take of For the base.
- Take 300 g of milk chocolate digestives.
- Prepare 100 g of unsalted butter, melted.
- Get of For the caramel.
- Prepare 100 g of unsalted butter.
- Make ready 100 g of dark brown soft sugar.
- Get 1 (397 g) of tin sweetened condensed milk.
- Make ready of For the banana custard.
- Prepare 1 of banana.
- Get 250 ml of full fat milk.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Take 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 45 g of caster sugar.
- Take 25 g of plain flour.
- Take 1 teaspoon of cornflour.
- Get of For the topping.
- Make ready 1 of banana.
- Make ready 300 ml of whipping cream, whipped.
Fill the pie crust with the prepared toffee filling and flatten with an offset spatula. Add a layer of sliced bananas. Whip the heavy cream with icing sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form then top your sliced bananas with it. Use the back of your spoon to create swirls.
Steps to make Banana Custard Banoffee Pie :
- Crush your biscuits (you can use ordinary digestives if you prefer) and add the melted butter to them. Combine thoroughly. Spread the mix all over the base of a 23cm deep fluted loose bottom pie/flan tin or similar tin. Press down firmly and into the sides. Put it into the fridge to firm up whilst you prepare your caramel..
- Put the butter and dark brown sugar into a saucepan and melt over a low heat. Only do this so that the sugar dissolves. Add in the condensed milk. Stirring constantly, let it come to a simmer and keep stirring for 6 to 8 minutes so that it thickens up and goes a rich, dark, golden colour. Remove from the heat and immediately pour into your biscuit base. Smooth it all over the base, trying to keep an even, level surface. Pop back into the fridge to cool..
- Now onto the banana custard. Mash up your banana and put it to one side. Measure out 200ml of the milk and add the vanilla extract to it. Pop it into the microwave for 1 minute. This should get it hot but not boiling – that’s how you want it. In a bowl whisk the egg yolks and sugar together until they’re pale in colour and fluffy. Add the flour and cornflour to that and whisk again until you get a thick but smooth consistency. Add the remaining 50ml of cold milk and whisk that in..
- Now add this mixture to the warm milk and put it all in a saucepan, making sure it’s all whisked together first. Put on a low heat and stir constantly for 6 to 8 minutes until it thickens up. Do not let it boil! Remove from the heat, stir in your mashed banana..
- Remove the tin with the biscuit base and caramel from the fridge and add the banana custard to the top, spreading over the caramel layer evenly (ensure, of course, that the caramel layer has cooled and set first). Pop in the fridge again to cool for about 30 mins to 1 hour..
- Finally, slice up a banana. Randomly place over the top of the banana custard and then spread your whipped cream over the top of the lot. Decorate the top of the cream in whatever way you like. Some people dust with cocoa powder, some with crushed chocolate (I used a chocolate topping). Enjoy your banana custard banoffee pie – and you will!.
It's the easiest, quickest, most superb no-bake pie you'll ever make! To make the base, crush the biscuits to fine crumbs and melt the butter over a low heat. Banoffee Pie Is Britain's Favorite If you've never tasted banoffee pie, you're in for a real treat. This is, hands down, Britain's favorite dessert. The Brits call dessert "pudding," which is confusing to many Americans.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food banana custard banoffee pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.