Hey everyone, it’s me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, chocolate dream pie. It is one of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chocolate Dream Pie is one of the most well liked of recent trending meals in the world. It is easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It is appreciated by millions daily. Chocolate Dream Pie is something which I have loved my entire life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to first prepare a few components. You can have chocolate dream pie using 17 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Dream Pie :
- Take of MERINGUE PIE SHELL:.
- Prepare 4 of EGG WHITES, room temperature.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of cream of tartar.
- Get 1 cup of superfine sugar.
- Get 1/8 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare of FILLING:.
- Prepare 4 of egg yolks.
- Make ready 3 oz of unsweetened chocolate.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of superfine sugar.
- Make ready 1/8 tsp of salt.
- Take 2 Tbsp of water.
- Make ready 1 cup of heavy cream, whipped.
- Make ready of TOPPING:.
- Make ready 1 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of superfine sugar.
- Get 1/2 tsp of vanilla.
- Get 2 Tbsp of grated unsweetened chocolate.
Steps to make Chocolate Dream Pie :
- PREHEAT oven to 250°F. Separate the eggs. BEAT the egg whites and cream of tartar in a bowl on high speed until foamy. While still beating constantly, ADD the sugar, 2 Tbsp. at a time, beating after each addition until sugar is dissolved before adding the next. (Rub a bit of meringue between thumb and forefinger; it should feel completely smooth.) Continue beating until whites are glossy and stand in stiff peaks..
- SPREAD the meringue into a 9-inch Pyrex pie plate. With the back of a spoon, build up the edge to form a rim. The finished result should be in the shape of a pie shell..
- BAKE the shell in 250°F oven until firm and wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Turn off the oven. Let the shell dry in oven, with door closed, until it is cool and crisp, at least 1 hour..
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe dish.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolks, the sugar, salt and water..
- Using a mixer, slowly stir some of the melted hot chocolate into the egg yolk mixture. Constant mixing is required so that the hot chocolate doesn't curdle the egg yolks. Keep adding the chocolate, stirring constantly, until all the chocolate has been added to the egg yolks and the mixture is smooth..
- Transfer the mixture into a double boiler and heat on low until thick..
- Remove from heat and put aside to cool. At least 2 hours or overnight..
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks..
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the whipped cream. Since the chocolate mixture is thick (very much like fudge) I find it easier to add the chocolate to the whipped cream by the spoonful and then folding it a little at a time. Once the all the chocolate has been folded into the whipped cream, it's ready to spoon it into the meringue shell..
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours..
- Before Serving, make the whipped cream topping. To do this, put the heavy cream, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and beat until the cream is stiff. Spread the whipped cream on top of the pie and sprinkle the top with grated chocolate..
So that is going to wrap this up for this exceptional food chocolate dream pie recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am confident you can make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.