Super tasty and easy way to cook. That crispy rice is called tahdig, and is often prepared for special occasions or reserved for honored guests. It is rich, perfectly crisp and crunchy, and, in my opinion I was thrilled when I saw the the fine folks over at Cook's Illustrated perfected and posted a recipe for Persian style rice with a crispy crust.
Hello everybody, it is me again, Dan, welcome to our recipe site. Today, I will show you a way to prepare a special dish, chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice). One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I will make it a little bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice) is one of the most popular of current trending meals on earth. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. It is easy, it’s fast, it tastes yummy. Chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice) is something that I have loved my whole life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice) using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice) :
- Get 3 of cups(600 grams) iranian or basmati long grain rice.
- Make ready 4 table spoon of salt for soaking.
- Take of Canola oil.
- Prepare of Butter.
- Get of Saffron water.
- Make ready of Lavash bread or potatos.
Rice tahdig: The most basic types of tahdig, rice tahdig is made simply by pouring some oil into the pot and add the rice all at once. Persian Steamed White Rice – Chelow. Persian rice is the key element of Persian cuisine. This post will help you master the essential Persian rice with a crispy.
Steps to make Chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice) :
- Wash and rinse the rice until water is clear. Put rice in big bowl. Add water until one inch above the rice level. Add 4 table spoon salt and mix gently. Let rice soak in salted water at least for 2 hours..
- After 2 hour drain the rice. Boil enough water in a pot. For this amount of rice a pot with 20 cm diameter is ok. Usually I do not fill the pot with water more than two_third of the capacity. Rice need space for boiling. Put the drained rice to boiling water. After you add the rice taste the water. It should be salty. If not add onemore table spoon salt. After few minutes rice grains start coming up and you see bubbles and foam. Discard the foams..
- Check the rice grains with your thumb and second finger. You should be able to half the grain but at the middle not too soft. Now drain the rice in colander. Check the salt. If it is too salty, pour one cup of lukewarm water on top..
- Heat the pot. Pour some oil to pot.(it is better to use non stick teflon pot). When the oil is hot, assemble lavash pieces in pot..
- Add rice and make like a cone. Make some holes with end of spatula to allow steam come up better. Now cover the lid with kitchen towl. Set the heat to medium high. When the steam start coming up(about 5 minutes) pour melted butter on top. Set the heat to medium-low. Put metal sheet under the pot. Cover the pot with lid wrapped in kitchen towel. If the lid is loose. Add heavy bowl on top(as I do) to seal the por and prevent steam go out..
- After about 45 minutes(more or less depending on your stove), rice should be ready. Inside towel should look a bit wet and grains look fluffly and a bit dry around the pot. Gently with spatula take the rice and put in large plate. Add saffron water to top. You can put crispy tahdig on top of plate or serve it in other small plate.Enjoy!.
Think of it this way—since this rice is fancy…it requires a "spa treatment." What is the result when you pamper yourself at the Mix saffron water with steamed white rice. Use this intensely yellow rice to make designs on the Chelo. Persian steamed rice is usually made using white Basmati rice that is a type of long grain rice. The grains hold their shape better during the Start with the Tahdig following the above instructions for Lavash or Yogurt & Saffron Tahdig, then layer the rice and fava beans with chopped dill and top with. Chelo (chelow) is the name for Persian steamed white rice, or rice with saffron.
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food chelo with crispy tahdig(persian steamed white rice) recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to save this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.