The one from Bringing it Home, in Gail Simmons book, called for a chocolate wafer crumbled bottom layer. You would think plain chocolate wafer cookies would be very easy to come by, by not here. Melt the chocolate gently in the microwave then mix in the caramel.
Hello everybody, it’s me, Dave, welcome to my recipe page. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a special dish, chocolate banoffee pie. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Chocolate Banoffee Pie is one of the most popular of recent trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is fast, it tastes delicious. It is enjoyed by millions daily. They are nice and they look fantastic. Chocolate Banoffee Pie is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few components. You can have chocolate banoffee pie using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Chocolate Banoffee Pie :
- Take of For the base:.
- Get 200 g of gluten free digestive biscuits crushed.
- Make ready 100 g of dairy free spread melted.
- Get of For the filling:.
- Get 100 g of brown sugar.
- Take 100 g of dairy free spread.
- Take 400 g of dairy free coconut condensed milk.
- Prepare 75 g of dairy free dark chocolate.
- Take 2 of bananas sliced.
- Get 300 ml of dairy free whipping cream.
Remove the pie from the refrigerator. Scatter the banana slices over the dulce de leche. Top with the whipped cream, spreading evenly to cover bananas, and garnish with chocolate shavings. Chill banoffee pie in the fridge for two hours before serving to allow layers to set and flavours to meld.
Steps to make Chocolate Banoffee Pie :
- Mix together the crushed biscuits and melted dairy free spread Press into the base of a pie dish Chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Make the caramel filling by placing the brown sugar and dairy free spread in a small saucepan over a low heat Stir until melted and well combined Pour in the coconut condensed milk and cook for 5 minutes until you have a thick golden caramel Remove from the heat and stir in the dark chocolate.
- Pour over the biscuit base and return to the fridge for a couple of hours Top with the sliced banana Whip the cream and spread on top of the pie Dust with a little cocoa powder before serving.
Recipe Notes *Carnation or Nestle brands sell canned "dulce de leche" or caramel sauce *Salted Butter will still work in this recipe. Banoffee Pie Recipe courtesy of The Mind of a Chef You'll go bananas for this signature English pastry from British chef April Bloomfield. The filling is a delightful medley of cream, chocolate,. Toss the banana slices in lemon juice before putting on the pie if you don't want them to go brown. Add vanilla and/or icing sugar to your cream before whipping for added flavour.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food chocolate banoffee pie recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.