The ingredients are chicken, bay leaves, black peppercorn and bay leaves. You can use any parts of the chicken. This Filipino Chicken Adobo is a definite step away from "the same old"!
Hello everybody, it is me, Dave, welcome to our recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, filipino chicken adobo. One of my favorites. This time, I am going to make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Filipino Chicken Adobo is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is enjoyed by millions every day. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. They are nice and they look wonderful. Filipino Chicken Adobo is something which I have loved my whole life.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to prepare a few components. You can have filipino chicken adobo using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you can achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Filipino Chicken Adobo :
- Get 1 of kilo chicken cut into pieces.
- Get 1 head of garlic 4-5 garlic cloves crushed and the remaining minced.
- Get 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 4 pieces of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tablespoon of peppercorn.
- Make ready 1/2 cup of white vinegar (sugar cane or balsamic goes well too).
- Make ready 1 cup of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of water.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Take of Optional: peeled hard-boiled eggs and/or potatoes cut in quarter.
Chicken thighs and drumsticks braised in pungent vinegar and soy sauce with an addition of garlic and ginger. This one-pot Filipino Chicken Adobo recipe from Food Network uses only a handful of ingredients Bring the chicken to a boil over high heat. Filipino Adobo Chicken – Chicken braised in vinegar and soy sauce with lots of garlic. Not only is it so easy to make, but because it's incredibly flavorful and my kids love it!
Steps to make Filipino Chicken Adobo :
- Marinate chicken in soy sauce and vinegar with the crushed garlic for at least 2 hours or even overnight. The longer the chicken stays in the marinade, the tastier and flavorful it becomes..
- Heat oil in pan and cook remaining minced garlic until light golden brown. Set aside toasted garlic as toppings later. Remove chicken from the marinade (keep marinade sauce) and pan fry chicken in the same oil as the garlic for about 3-5 minutes per side or until it browns a little. Don't worry about having to cook chicken through just yet, as you will still let it stew later..
- Put back marinade sauce from earlier and add water, sugar, peppercorn, and bay leaves. Add optional potatoes and peeled hard-boiled eggs. Let it simmer for about 20-30 minutes. You will know chicken is cooked once it is fork tender is starting to release oil. I like my adobo on the drier side so I let the it simmer until the sauce thickens and mostly evaporated..
- Serve with white rice topped with toasted garlic and enjoy!.
Adobo Chicken is a classic Filipino recipe cooked in soy sauce, garlic, vinegar and peppercorns that makes. Chicken adobo is one of the most famous and talked-about dishes in Filipino cuisine. It's great for people with a very busy schedule and who like simple meals that are quick and easy to prepare. Filipino Chicken Adobo: meltingly tender braised chicken in a tangy, vinegary garlic sauce. And the good news is, it's easy to make Filipino chicken adobo at home with common ingredients.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food filipino chicken adobo recipe. Thank you very much for reading. I am sure that you will make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, fecebook , twitter , whatsapp or instagram Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.