Kung Pao Chicken is from the Sichuan province in China. The Chinese name is 宫保鸡丁 (gong bao ji ding) but some restaurants spell it as Gong Bao Chicken or Kung Po Chicken. This is a spicy chicken dish with a mouthwatering Kung Pao Sauce.
Hello everybody, I hope you are having an amazing day today. Today, I’m gonna show you how to make a distinctive dish, kung pao chicken 😙😄. One of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 is one of the most favored of recent trending foods in the world. It’s simple, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To get started with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can cook kung pao chicken 😙😄 using 31 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 :
- Make ready 2 of Chicken breasts, cut into 2cm cubes.
- Prepare 1 of big white onion, cut 1 inch, then in rectangular equal size.
- Take 2 of carrots, cut 1 inch,slice thinly then in rectangular in equal.
- Take 1 can of Baby Sweetcorn, drain & discard.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Thai Sweet Chilie Sauce (very mild hot),.
- Get of or substitute w dried red chilies,.
- Prepare of that gives flavour to the sauce.
- Make ready 1 tsp of Salt as needed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of whole Sichuan pepper,then u ground it at home with a better.
- Prepare of (has a bit lemony with a numbing spiciness),.
- Take of to substitue with 1/2 tsp white pepper.
- Get 1 of beaten egg: separate the egg white.
- Get 1 of tsb Dark ABC Sweet Soy sauce.
- Take 1 tbs of Sesame oil.
- Get of Sauce:.
- Take 2 Tbs of light Soy sauce.
- Get 1/2 tbs of Chinese Black Vinegar (taste like balsamic vinegar).
- Get 1 tbs of Sugar.
- Take 1/2 tbs of chinese Shaoxing Wine (just a touch).
- Take 1/4 tsp of ground White Pepper.
- Make ready 2 tsp of cornstarch mix with 2 tbs cold water to.
- Take of thicken the sauce.
- Make ready of Other ingredients:.
- Prepare 2 cloves of Garlic, smashed.
- Make ready 20 g of Ginger, chopped finely.
- Make ready 1 tbs of Sichuan Peppercorn.
- Take 80 g of Cashew nuts:fry in teflon pan with no oil for 4' and keep.
- Get of stirring, watch out that the cashew nuts don't burnt.
- Take of Rice Bran Oil (brand Alfa one) for stir-fry and for deep-fry.
- Take of Jasmine rice, long grain rice, to cook in Rice Cooker,.
- Take of Garnish: 1 stalk Green onion, dice 5 mm.
It is popular at Chinese takeouts or restaurants here in the United States. Combine chicken and cornstarch in small bowl. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet or wok on medium heat. Kung Pao Chicken We love the strong flavoured sweet-sour-savoury sauce with the signature tingle of numbing heat from the Sichuan pepper!
Steps to make Kung Pao Chicken 😙😄 :
- Toast the Sichuan Peppercorns in a frying pan until golden. Transfer to blender, grind to a fine powder then sieve into a large bowl. Add 2 tbs of conflour and stir to combine..
- In a small bowl put the chicken, add Dark Soy Sauce, ground Sichuan Peppercorns mixture, 1 tbs Vege oil & egg whites. Marinade for 30 minutes..
- In a wok put Rice Bran oil about 1 inch oil, heat the oil then put the Chicken pieces and fry for about 2' until golden. Remove from the wok. Take off all the oil, just leaving about 2 tbs oil in the wok. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, carrots & baby sweetcorn and stir-fry over medium heat until aromatic..
- Prepare for the sauce: In a small bowl mix light Soya sauce,Rice vinegar,sugar,Shaoxing Wine,Thai Sweet Chili Sauce,white pepper & salt then pour this sauce mixture onto the wok that has the onions-garlic mixture. Mix all together; add a little bit of water if the liquid is too dry. Then add the cornstarch mixture to thicken the sauce..
- Then add the fried Chicken, mix & stirring, let the chicken coated evenly with the sauce.Taste the season.Then add Sesame oil and stir for another 1 minute. Finally add the toasted Cashew Nuts, mix well and cook for another 30 seconds.Turn off the flame. Remove, transfer the Kung Pao Chicken into a serving dish; sprinkle on top with diced Green Onions. To serve with steamed Jasmine rice 😍.
If you're wondering whether Kung Pao Chicken is authentic Chinese , the dish as we know it outside of China is a slightly westernised version of an authentic Chinese Sichuan dish. Kung Pao chicken (Chinese: 宫保鸡丁; pinyin: Gōngbǎo jīdīng), also transcribed Gong Bao or Kung Po, is a spicy, stir-fried Chinese dish made with cubes of chicken, peanuts, vegetables (traditionally Welsh onion only), and chili peppers. The classic dish in Sichuan cuisine originated in the Sichuan Province of south-western China and includes Sichuan peppercorns. Kung pao chicken exists both in the traditional Chinese repertoire and Americanized takeout menus alike. When we lived in Beijing, I was actually surprised to see how popular Kung Pao Chicken was among restaurant goers.
So that’s going to wrap this up with this exceptional food kung pao chicken 😙😄 recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am sure that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your loved ones, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, twitter , whatsapp , instagram or fecebook Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.