This vegan refried beans recipe is healthy, delicious and is made quick and easy using canned beans. Plus, they are vegan, gluten free, and low fat. All Reviews for Quick and Easy Refried Beans.
Hello everybody, hope you’re having an amazing day today. Today, we’re going to prepare a special dish, refried beans – quick stovetop recipe. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe is one of the most popular of current trending foods in the world. It is simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s appreciated by millions every day. They’re nice and they look wonderful. Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe is something which I’ve loved my whole life.
To get started with this particular recipe, we must first prepare a few components. You can cook refried beans – quick stovetop recipe using 12 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe :
- Get 2 tbsp. of butter, divided.
- Make ready 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Take 1 of jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional).
- Take 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 2 cans of (each 15 oz.) pinto beans, drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of unsalted chicken or veggie broth.
- Take 1 tsp. of chipotle chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of oregano.
- Get of Juice from 1/2 lime.
- Take 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Get 1/8 tsp. of pepper.
I tried this recipe, minus the lime juice, no one in my family liked them. (they're spoiled, because I cook my own beans), but I was out of homemade beans, so I decided to try canned beans, big mistake. Pinto beans make the best refried beans, since they're so buttery. I recently crossed the refried black beans recipe with my pinto beer beans (both available in my cookbook). Mexican night happens at least once a week in my house, whether it's tacos, enchiladas, tostadas and more!
Instructions to make Refried Beans – Quick Stovetop Recipe :
- In a medium saucepan, melt 1 tbsp. of the butter over med-high heat. Once its melted, add the onion and jalapeno (if using). Cook, stirring often, until they're softened, about 5 minutes. Then stir in the garlic and cook until it's fragrant..
- Stir in the beans, broth, chili powder, cumin and oregano and let this mixture come up to a simmer. Once it begins to bubble, let it simmer for about 5 or so minutes, then remove the pan from the heat. Either use a masher to roughly mash the beans, or use a food processor for a smoother consistency..
- Once the beans are mashed, season with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Then stir in the additional tbsp. of butter until it's all melted and incorporated in. That's it! Serve it up with some yummy toppings..
Instead of cooking the beans twice, as you would with traditional refried beans, you simply cook pinto beans until tender and then mash them until creamy. PIN Instant Pot Refried Beans to try them later! If you find the convenience of using canned of store bought pinto beans, be sure to use the seasonings. These refried beans are a snap to prepare in the Instant Pot or electric pressure cooker. There's no soaking required, and you'll have refried Use olive oil for vegetarian refried beans or use lard or bacon drippings for a more classic flavor.
So that is going to wrap this up for this special food refried beans – quick stovetop recipe recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I’m sure you can make this at home. There’s gonna be interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to bookmark this page in your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with friends via social media, instagram , fecebook , twitter or whatsapp Thanks again for reading , go on get cooking!.