An easy dinner option that's perfect for feeding a crowd! Spread a third of sauce over tortillas, then top with half the chicken and a third of cheese. How to make King Ranch Chicken Casserole.
Hello everybody, it’s John, welcome to my recipe page. Today, we’re going to make a special dish, king ranch chicken. It is one of my favorites. For mine, I’m gonna make it a little bit unique. This will be really delicious.
King Ranch Chicken is one of the most favored of current trending meals on earth. It’s simple, it’s fast, it tastes delicious. It’s enjoyed by millions every day. King Ranch Chicken is something which I’ve loved my whole life. They’re fine and they look wonderful.
To begin with this recipe, we have to prepare a few ingredients. You can have king ranch chicken using 11 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make King Ranch Chicken :
- Get 4 lb of Chicken.
- Get 1/2 cup of Cilantro, chopped.
- Prepare 1 small of Onion, diced.
- Take 1 small of Green Bell Pepper,diced.
- Take 1 can of Sliced Black Olives, 2oz..
- Take 1 can of Cream of Mushroom Soup, 10 3/4oz..
- Prepare 1 can of Cream of Chicken Soup, 10 3/4oz..
- Prepare 1 can of Diced Tomatoes with green chilis and lime, 10oz., undrained.
- Make ready 5 of Corn Tortillas.
- Get 1 of Nacho Cheese Doritos, 10oz. bag.
- Get 1 packages of Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese, 8oz..
Never used smoked chicken–always used leftover home rotisserie chicken. King Ranch Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Line the bottom of the baking dish with half of the torn tortillas. King Ranch Chicken Casserole – MY FAVORITE!!
Instructions to make King Ranch Chicken :
- Boil chicken in favorite seasonings. I use plenty of salt, pepper, sweet basil, paprika, creole, and 2 bay leaves. Boil x 20 min. or til done..
- In the meantime, dice onion and bell pepper. Mix with soups, tomatoes with juices, cilantro, and half of the olives..
- When chicken is done, remove from pot and cut or shred into bite sized pieces. Go ahead and preheat oven to 300°F. Add a small amount of pot juices into the chicken pieces and stir to moisten..
- Tear tortillas into bite sized wedges and line bottom of a 9 x 11 baking dish..
- Cover tortillas with half of the chicken pieces..
- Pour half of the soup mixture over chicken and sprinkle half of the cheese over this..
- Layer Doritos over cheese..
- Cover Dorito layer with remaining chicken and pour remaining soup mixture over this..
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 300°F x 20 min. When time is up, remove and turn oven off..
- Remove foil and sprinkle remaining cheese and olives over soup mixture to top off dish. Place back in turned off oven x 10 min. or until cheese is melted..
- Goes great with any vegetable, any rice, any bread, and don't forget your favorite beverage!.
Chicken, cream of chicken, cream of mushroom, salsa. chicken broth, onion, tortillas and cheese. Use a rotisserie chicken for quick assembly. King Ranch Chicken Casserole is a classic Texan casserole, with layers of chicken, cheese, tortillas, and a rich creamy gravy (read about the purported history of the casserole here). In America, king ranch chicken casserole is the most popular famous dish. Have you smelled the fragrance of delicious king ranch chicken casserole?
So that’s going to wrap it up with this special food king ranch chicken recipe. Thank you very much for your time. I am sure you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Don’t forget to save this page in your browser, and share it to your family, colleague and friends.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.