Serve it with a cabbage slaw. Add about a half a cup of the chicken seitan to the skillet. Heat the pieces until browned on all sides and chicken is warm all the way through.
Hey everyone, it’s John, welcome to our recipe site. Today, we’re going to make a distinctive dish, seitan bbq chicken. One of my favorites food recipes. For mine, I am going to make it a bit unique. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Seitan BBQ Chicken is one of the most well liked of recent trending foods on earth. It is appreciated by millions daily. It is easy, it is fast, it tastes yummy. They are nice and they look fantastic. Seitan BBQ Chicken is something that I’ve loved my whole life.
To begin with this recipe, we must prepare a few ingredients. You can have seitan bbq chicken using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Seitan BBQ Chicken :
- Make ready 100 g of vital wheat gluten.
- Prepare 50 g of corn flour (it's going to be corn-fed chicken).
- Take 140 g of water.
- Get 50 g of canola oil.
- Prepare 20 g of sesame oil.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Take 1 tsp of black pepper.
Next, add the BBQ sauce and remove from the heat. The sauce will warm with the pan but shouldn't burn. Let rest while you prepare the broth. Bring the vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot, there should be enough to cover the seitan.
Steps to make Seitan BBQ Chicken :
- Mix it all together in a bowl. Add the water last, a little at a time. Depending on your flour you might not be able to get that much water to absorb into the dough, so just add add much as you can..
- Knead it a bit. I try to stretch the fibers by rolling the dough into a sausage shape and then folding in half. Repeat. I believe that this helps the gluten to align in one direction kind of like muscle fibers. That's just a guess though..
- The more you knead the tougher your finished seitan will be. I like to go easy on it so the finished product has a texture more like tender meat. After you are done kneading, leave it for a few hours to relax or something..
- Slice the dough into 4 chicken breast sized pieces (mine has quite an authentic raw meat texture at this point) and marinade in a BBQ sauce of your choosing (about 1 hour marinade worked for me, but longer is always better)..
- Grill it on the BBQ. Brush more BBQ sauce into the steaks as they are cooking. Slice into strips. Dip the strips in more sauce if required. Add to pizza/fajitas/bibimbap etc..
Place the seitan pieces in, lower heat slightly to a simmer, and cover pot. Generally, people like fried chicken because it's spicy and, well, fried. This fried seitan is perfectly crispy, deliciously spicy, and so addicting. You can add it to sandwiches, chop it up on top of mac 'n' cheese, or dip it right into your favorite sauce! Store the basic chicken style seitan with the leftover liquid in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for two weeks or freeze it for a month.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this special food seitan bbq chicken recipe. Thanks so much for reading. I am confident that you can make this at home. There is gonna be more interesting food in home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your family, friends and colleague.
Don’t forget to share with relatives via social media, whatsapp , instagram , fecebook or twitter Thank you for reading , go on get cooking!.